• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
my art is being passable at dark souls

not even good because I still die a lot
just passable
you can set up a twitch stream and guilt people into donating because DARK SOULS IS MUH PASSION!!!11!
T
speaking of which that's another thing that annoys me, people who assume they can and will and should make a living off of twitch/ youtube etc

you know, receiving art from friends means way more to me than finding cool art online

as far as like, the value of the artist goes, i think having artist friends really does help in like understanding like the heart that goes into the art because like... its differnet when you know the person. i cant really put into words exactly why. but even if its not something we think about in the scope of art consumerism, i think experinecing having made art or having someone personally make a piece of art for you, that's sort of like the foot in the door to understanding the overlooked layer of creators not just being an assembly line of creativity

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
you know, receiving art from friends means way more to me than finding cool art online

as far as like, the value of the artist goes, i think having artist friends really does help in like understanding like the heart that goes into the art because like... its differnet when you know the person. i cant really put into words exactly why. but even if its not something we think about in the scope of art consumerism, i think experinecing having made art or having someone personally make a piece of art for you, that's sort of like the foot in the door to understanding the overlooked layer of creators not just being an assembly line of creativity
It's one of many reasons artists do what they do for art itself, not necessarily because they're gonna make a lucrative living.

Like I said, if we artists had any sense of business and finance, we'd be pursuing a career in finance, lol.

Heck, about all I can do for budgeting is making sure rent, car, insurance, water, and groceries are taken care of, then anything else goes into tools of my trade (music), and then anything after that is just play money.

Definitely not the best with finances. Thank God my wife loves accounting, business, and stuff. Got her MBA.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
im not sure, but i think there may be like social groups for practicing for dealing with people on a job, for people who just have a lot of social anxiety and such.

i feel like my mom almost signed me up for one at some point, but i forget exactly what they're called. but i probably could ask her. she seemed very aware of this kind of stuff.
when I was a kid my mom signed me up for this "manners class" as she called it and pretty much everyone in the class was like just totally socially unaware or something and I completely "aced" the class
I still don't understand why my mom had me go to it, but I almost made some friends

I also don't know why this is my response I guess I just felt a spark of kinship from "mom signs me up for a group"

when I was a kid my mom signed me up for this "manners class" as she called it and pretty much everyone in the class was like just totally socially unaware or something and I completely "aced" the class
I still don't understand why my mom had me go to it, but I almost made some friends

I also don't know why this is my response I guess I just felt a spark of kinship from "mom signs me up for a group"
my mom signed me up for something called a handwriting club once

im not even sure if it was about handwriting

i have no idea

i mean i had really bad handwriting but i feel like it was a motor skills class and im pretty sure my motor skills were fine. i liked the putty they gave us though, putty is fun to play with

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom