• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
I’d love to work with an indie dev team.

I’ve wanted to make a project with my friends at art camp, like a big art piece or possibly animation because one of them is good at it
One thing to be sure of, make sure you have good people who are just as dedicated and driven about a project as you are.

I had to fire a "bassist" today for several reasons, but one of the big ones is that he did a lot of talking and not enough playing bass. No matter what art you're doing, I think the art should speak for itself, ya know?

Which is why the bassist we have now actually cares, and is so crazy prepared that he has converters for power supplies meant for Europe, the UK, and such.

Which, it wasn't needed, but that shows to me a passion for the art, and that passion will bleed over and people are going to notice. Now if society didn't devalue the arts as much as they do, things would be perfect, but, we don't live in a perfect world, so ya gotta make do.

Anyhow, I'm rambling. :)

i mean if you were devoted enough you could carry a project solo but it'll definitely take a lot of work and you gotta really know what you're doing

on one hand i find a lot of appeal in doing a solo project, that way i have full control of my vision, but at the same time its like... i know what my weaknesses are as a creative mind and i think it would be valuable to have someone to keep me in check and we can compensate for our weaknesses. for instance, i think a lot about how im a macro photographer, i fixate on minute details. my friend is a landscape artist. the two of us combined could create an immersive world with those strengths overlapping

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
How is art entertainment overrated?

It’s a real job

Is me wanting to be an artist for my job not fulfilling? Is being a musician or author as your main job not fulfilling?
Oh whoop de doo, you've got warm fuzzies from a fulfilling job, good for you. Is anyone else benefitting from your job in a way they couldn't get anywhere else? People can get entertainment from people that don't do it for their job. Same can't be said for stuff like medical care, plumbing, farming, etc...

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Oh whoop de doo, you've got warm fuzzies from a fulfilling job, good for you. Is anyone else benefitting from your job in a way they couldn't get anywhere else? People can get entertainment from people that don't do it for their job. Same can't be said for stuff like medical care, plumbing, farming, etc...
ratio

i know what youre saying chev but thats why im so discouraged as an artist

its not that artists are replaceable, but the art MARKET is replacable. art is a consumable. art is a consumable, indulgent product, in the eyes of modern society. its not about the creator.

its an oversaturated and competetive market but why are we all competing when people just buy it on whim? is there anything i can do to make an impact if thats what art is for people?

i give up

but i feel that same way about my dreams of pursuing sciences too i suppose. all jobs feel that way to me anymore.

i dont like to thinka bout it

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
So, being a video game creator isn’t beneficial, therefore non fulfilling. But we still play them a lot and love them, but since they don’t help why should it be a job?

Same logic applies

Same can't be said for stuff like medical care
i'd just like to add

my sister would disagree

who spent an entire month in tears over not matching for residency because urology was the most competitive this year it ever has been and nothing she brought to the table made her stand out among 700 some other residents

i watched my sister almost give up on her dream because there are 700 other people who had the same skillset as she did, my sister who spent 10 hours a day for an entire year studying her ass off for board exams

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
How is art entertainment overrated?

It’s a real job

Is me wanting to be an artist for my job not fulfilling? Is being a musician or author as your main job not fulfilling?
It can be a real job, but it's a very hard one to actually succeed in
Personally can't help but scoff at people who think they're entitled to a whole career in art just because they can draw, I've seen so many comic pages saying stuff like "tip my Kofi, artists need to eat too!!!" Or "please subscribe to my patreon so I can make a living off of these comics!! Isn't it so SAD how these don't pay my bills???" And I'm like. Dawg just cus you draw stick figure comics with punchlines like "you're telling me SHRIMP fried this rice???" doesn't mean you shouldn't have to work like the rest of us
So many people have this weird idea that they should inherently get rewarded for their art, like, unless it's a commission for someone you aren't entitled to something in return, and I find it kind of cringe when people complain that (non commissioned) art doesn't make them money or get them popular, cus if you're creating art the purpose is usually to have fun and express your own feelings

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
i'd just like to add

my sister would disagree

who spent an entire month in tears over not matching for residency because urology was the most competitive this year it ever has been and nothing she brought to the table made her stand out among 700 some other residents
Ok maybe I wasn't clear, I was saying that if you want medical care it HAS to be from a professional, wheras entertainment products do not have to be professionally produced

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
It can be a real job, but it's a very hard one to actually succeed in
Personally can't help but scoff at people who think they're entitled to a whole career in art just because they can draw, I've seen so many comic pages saying stuff like "tip my Kofi, artists need to eat too!!!" Or "please subscribe to my patreon so I can make a living off of these comics!! Isn't it so SAD how these don't pay my bills???" And I'm like. Dawg just cus you draw stick figure comics with punchlines like "you're telling me SHRIMP fried this rice???" doesn't mean you shouldn't have to work like the rest of us
So many people have this weird idea that they should inherently get rewarded for their art, like, unless it's a commission for someone you aren't entitled to something in return, and I find it kind of cringe when people complain that (non commissioned) art doesn't make them money or get them popular, cus if you're creating art the purpose is usually to have fun and express your own feelings
I think you're more on the money than I am, too many people try too hard to make it in art instead of a more traditional job so it just gets oversaturated and I see that and invalidate the whole thing :shrugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom