• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

it occurs to me now that because im doing another mapless playthrough of hk, that means im gonna have to uh
have a crisis trying to remember where all the grimmkin are when i do the grimm troupe

which i think i remember where they all are, but i just need to remember uh, which ones are first etc

i remember the last time i did grimm troupe without map a few years ago, i couldnt hecking remember the one in the resting grounds and i kept like, my brain was telling me it was in the resting grounds and i was like THERES NO WAY ITS RESTING GROUNDS THERES NO ROOM and it was resting grounds

needless to say, resting grounds flame is never one i've forgotten since

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
I could not do that lol, I need those maps, and I have to backtrack a lot

I feel like a lot of times I don’t know where I’m going and I try to talk to any NPC along the way, find to find a stag station in the area and to try not to die along the way

I don’t have the map for Royal Waterways right now so navigating the area combined with the not very pleasing music and lack of darkness make it a tedious and annoying experience

i missed the map for the royal waterways in my first playthrough too, ha. and fog canyon's map is hard to get because the heart of that area is blocked off until you have one of two abilities

i have a pretty good memory though like, i wouldnt say i have the map memorized, but im pretty good about remembering which rooms are adjacent to the room im currently in. with the exception of crystal peak and the waterways which still throw me for a loop sometimes. and then there's deepnest, which has a big hole in the middle of it as i recall it, because i sort of mentally separate early deepnest and late deepnest and the rooms that connect them within deepnest totally dont exist to me in my brain

but when i did my second playthrough, i was pleased to find out that i vividly remembered where i acquired all the upgrades to my health and soul from my first playthrough, and that's been like a huge benefit when replaying the game as much as i have cuz i can keep mental tally of which ones ive gotten and which ones i have left

idk if you've gotten the dreamgate yet, but the seer gives it to you at 900 essence and its basically the travel gate in botw dlc and that might be useful to you if you ever feel lost/need to warp to safety for whatever reason. i usually leave mine at stag stations while in the middle of a playthrough but afterward i just plop it in mantis village cuz that's home :goron:

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
I just got to it. It’s pretty, but I still think that City of Tears is the most beautiful and the music in that area is still my favorite (and I love the rain)

The new Hornet battle was really fun, liked it a lot but Hornet isn’t very interesting to me. Kinda lacks in personality and feeling unlike other characters for me

And also the new upgrade shade cloak is lackluster but cool. And the game starts to feel like I’m going down the rabbit hole further and further.

It a good amount to take in

i like to consider the garden as like greenpath + the city in its aesthetic honestly. has the same architecture as the city but its converted into greenhouses cuz most of the buildings are windows already. so city of tears with plants

and the shade cloak is more lore-ish as an ability, like, it's required for late game stuff because its drenched in deep lores
you can beat the game without it but it along with the awoken dream nail are required for the supplementary endings.
but also, shadow dash is pretty valuable in combat, because it makes you momentarily invincible like smash bros dodge rolls. there are certain bosses that i just hate fighting without the shade cloak because dashing through them is such a useful evasion option if they charge at you a lot

i'll be about to do the second hornet fight in this playthrough probably later tonight as well. it goes either really well or really poorly and i'll never know until it happens :eyes:
needa get the monarch wings first tho. putting them off as usual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom