• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
ok so lemme explain ebay bids
they have a starting price, and after the first bid you have to bid more than the person below you to get top bidder. BUT, if you do win the bid, you only have to pay the amount necessary to beat them. So there was this card, bidding at $36, and i was getting impatient so instead of sniper bidding I put down 70 just for piece of mind, meaning I would only pay $37 if I won, but if someone else wanted to win they would have to pay over 70.
well a couple hours after that (just now) someone decided they wanted the card so bad that theyd do 71 :anger3d:
i think i'm out now cus the card is valued at 90 anyway, but damn i feel bad i made the price go up so high when theres still 4 days of bidding left.
maybe i should do this with a bunch of cards i already own to inflate the market prices /j

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
yeah, here's the one in question:
1643426321945.png
it's reverse holo and a card i've always wanted bc the art. there is a cheaper nonholo but its still expensive + theres less resell value (but the main reason i don't want it is because the border design is ugly)
1643426409747.png
looks kinda gross bc its meant to be scanned by the game boy e reader
1643426286429.png
theres also this one, the card sites dont have a value listed but the one i'm watching is at 96 and ends in a few mins. might end up going for it because the english holo is closer to 200-500 and owning any holo of this in good condition is what i really want. and i know thats a lot to spend on a card but i'm kinda seeing em as investments rn, cards like this have done nothing but increase in value within the last 5 years and will definitely continue that trend so I'll be making a profit if I ever liquidate.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
So you just collect to have, you don't make competitive decks or anything?

I kinda see what you're saying about selling, I have all those NASCAR diecast, and I collect them just cuz I like collecting them, but I know I could make some good money if/when I'll need to sell them.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
I used to play but there's just no one around to play with anymore :,) so I'm more of a collector.

I'm collecting cards both for fun and for profit, I like knowing I have money stored up in cards and before I had a job I'd sometimes use em to make a few bucks every now and then. With something like my dog collection on the other hand, thats totally just for fun, most of them have no value and are just toys I bought because I liked em. Speaking of which, my link figure did come, and it's really cool + a lot bigger than i thought so I'll get some pics later!

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
dog jam it
it was still 96 so i threw $150 in with 10 seconds left (only would have had to pay 103)
then last second some mf does 151
well at least i made whoever that was have to pay $50 more just because of me hahaha
of course this means the other sellers will see and the market price will be influenced just because of this
man pokemon economics are weird huh

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Lycanrocs first:
IMG_20220128_214218.jpg

If Inteleon was the card that got me into Pokemon, this is the card that secured me being into it. I got a Lycanroc/Aloan Raichu thing with 2 30 card decks for me and my brother and for the longest time I thought Lycanroc was a werewolf only.
IMG_20220128_214236.jpg

These bad boys were gifts
IMG_20220128_214226.jpg

Bought a $25 box off of eBay just for this card, it had a few booster packs that had some decent cards, one of which I based another deck of mine around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom