• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
6BF9C8A9-30E3-465A-B215-E0639ABFAA1B.jpeg

This art is so pretty, but the op got harassed by people on Twitter calling her a racist for not drawing the live action Halle Bailey version of the Little Mermaid and accused her of only liking the version of her being white, which is a really odd assumption

Makes me really upset that she got harassed just for making a drawing of the animated movie version of the Little Mermaid.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Ironic if people are actually complaining about that, because the whole movie exists solely to push more merch, and 50% of the merch being pushed is white Ariel. We have a whole "little mermaid" section set up in the front of target and it's a mix of both ariels, sometimes together

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
Yeah that’s the thing

I think it’s great that little girls who are black can look at the character and go “she looks just like me!”, but at the same time I doubt Disney really cares about the actor or the amount of hate she’s faced

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Yeah that’s the thing

I think it’s great that little girls who are black can look at the character and go “she looks just like me!”, but at the same time I doubt Disney really cares about the actor or the amount of hate she’s faced
The first league of legends character to "look just like me" wasn't even white lol
People say representation matters for this reason but I can't even understand that

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
i keep thinking about that thing where disney casts minorities not for representation but because it makes them exempt from criticism because peoppe will not score the movies too low or they'll be cancelled for being racist
That, and it's probably done also as a publicity stunt. Trashy live action mermaid movie? No one cares. Race swapped mermaid movie? Everyone loses their minds, even though the actual movie is probably the same boring garbage it would have been anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom