• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
Well I mean like

I have trouble with them because I have trouble drawing lighter with them. I’m good at shading with them but the lines they make aren’t very clean. They’re also pretty soft pencils, and it’s hard to erase the lines and marks they make. Something about them makes it harder to draw lightly, or maybe I’m not doing something right, but they just don’t seem the most ideal or best for me

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
The main thing is I’m trying to make my dad a drawing for his birthday coming up of our old dog who he loved. Because our old dog meant so much to my dad I wanted to make a drawing for him of. I want it to be perfect, and don’t want to mess it up, and I really hope he’ll enjoy it, because I wanted to do something special as a gift.

no offense but that doesnt sound like the pencil's fault

there are different lead hardness tho. softer lead will be darker. standard is hb. but if its an actual problem with how you use pencils, which is what it sounds like, then youre probably gonna tear a hole in the paper with the hard lead...

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
Yeah it’s not too big of a deal, I just need to get better at it, but I’m still happy with my drawings I’ve done for these past few months when I finally finish the projects I do, and it being something I can do when I’m in class or at home and trying to experiment with drawing new things or trying to learn how color better etc, it’s very enjoyable

I made this rough sketch in class today which I’m pretty happy about, it still needs a bit of work, because it’s still pretty messy
0DB252E7-2813-4671-BDB3-CF42AE290EDC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom