• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

i like to describe that sort of thing as "tonal whiplash" because... thats basically what it is

i mean i do expect most of the humor in the mario movie to be kind of on the nose cuz illumination primarily markets toward kids but theres some options there. mario games werent/arent particularly dialogue heavy so situational and tonal humor would translate well probably

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
mario games werent/arent particularly dialogue heavy
^^^ This is something a lot of people are citing in defending Chris Pratt's Mario voice. His squeaky voice is all fun for games, but in a 2 hour movie it would get old quickly. Granted, we haven't heard much of it yet, and I'd rather have a Brooklyn accent like the Super Show/CDI games, but still.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
A good parallel is Emmet in the Lego Movie, that's a pretty enthusiastic role, as well as his role in Onward who I cannot remember the name of, they're both pretty high energy characters so we could still see that. Also, the scene in the trailer was the "where am I?" scene, so the character was pretty confused, not much room for energy or enthusiasm there

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom