• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
FQB04Q6XEAEDqqc

This picture's been around for almost a year now, amazing

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
So basically, babyfaced NASCAR driver is Ty Gibbs, grandson of Joe Gibbs who owns a powerhouse Cup and Xfinity team, Ty is 19 and in his very first Xfinity start last year, he won, as well as like 4 more races. Crazy talented+ a good ride. Thing is, he's just a rich kid, no matter how good he is, he's only ever driven Grandpa's cars (Before the Xfinity he was driving in the ARCA series, it's another stock car racing series that basically uses NASCAR Cup leftovers) and this year he's full time Xfinity and has won 3 of the 6 races this year. At Martinsville Friday night, he was dominating all night long, up until the end whenever things got crazy and he got a little bit shuffled back, and then coming out of turn 4 to the checkered, he was racing Sam Mayer (who is also 19) for 3rd and Sam just runs him up into the wall. Ty gets pissed and rear ends Sam, tearing up his car more than Sam's, then they park on pit road where Ty hits his car again, and as Sam is taking off his helmet and such, Ty walks up to him and they have a heated conversation, Ty has his helmet on, and eventually Ty just starts throwing punches at Sam. It turned into a full on fight and everyone there was just booing Ty Gibbs because last week he had bumped a teammate of his out of the way to win at Richmond but when he gets raced hard for 3rd he starts throwing punches. Not to mention that another Joe Gibbs Racing car won the race at Martinsville, and they put the camera on Joe Gibbs at the end and he was just stonyfaced, even tho one of his cars had just won. Tbf to Coach (Joe Gibbs' nickname, former NFL coach), he might have just been disappointed with Ty for hitting Sam and tearing his car up, but still. I was never a fan of Ty, I could tell he was super talented but I like pulling for drivers that have been at it for years and no wins, eg Corey LaJoie, not for a rookie sensation even tho I was a Cars fan as a kid, so this incident has justified my dislike of him.

Last edited:
oh geez. it sounda kinda like he has a bit of a complex for probably not having to work nearly as hard to be recognized. not to say he didnt deserve recognition but like having it in the family probably made it easier to be noticed. there could be some underlying insecurity that another driver his age got recognized without that advantage and maybe that anger was specific to this sam guy for that. still, thats really bad sportsmanship regardless of the nature of their rivalry. feel bad for his grandfather kinda too

and oh i figured it was a bot tbh. hmm
lightduty is a funny username tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom