• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Languages!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I speak English. I have a "Delawarian accent", I guess you could call it (except I don't pronounce "water" as "wuter"). I am taking Spanish classes in school, so I know a bit of that language. I also know a tiny bit of Japanese, but that's only from watching anime, so the amount of Japanese I know is limited to a few general words and phrases.

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
Speak English, not really audible accent to me. Possibly slight accent because I live in a bit of a redneck town.
Taught myself a made-up language called... wait for it... Imprisondese! I use it primarily for insulting people.

Austin

Austin
I speak English with an obnoxious New York accent. I can speak Mandarin conversationally but I'm by no means fluent.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I can speak at a native level of American English.

Je parle un peux Français. Je suise Américaine (I think I spelled that right).

I have no accent, which is beneficial in some cases.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
I speak English and have a Canadian accent which has been called attractive before in the past, overall it's the only language I can speak fluently, I know some French and Spanish but am not even close to being fluent in them.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Since I've lived on California my whole life I have a bit of a Californian accent, even though it's not noticeable (to me). The only thing I DO notice is a tendency to say "hella" and "could of". Also, just so everyone knows, the valley hasn't had a strong "valley girl" accent in years.

Clank

Hmm
Well I only know English(Unless python counts...as it is used for communication with stuff including humans...), I probably have a accent, but don't notice it.

My primary language is [American] English. I have a bit of a so-called "Michigan accent," which can be heard when I say words like crayon (creyahn), on (ahn), apple (ehpul), cleaners (cleanurrs). Dialectical markers of said accent entail the frequent use of the word "boss."

In addition, I have several verbal tics. I seem to have inexplicably acquired some of my dad's Tamil/Sinhalese accent (or whatever it's called). Examples include the occassional aveolar trill ("rolling the r"), albeit slightly. This causes the "r" to almost sound like a "d." (E.g. Rrunning some errrands.... Dunning some eddands...). I might also ask "What are the [insert plural form of noun here]?" when inquiring about a single object, just like my father.

Exp. Johnny: Phenobarbital.
Me: What are the phenobarbitals?

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
My primary language is Malay Language. I have a Malaysian accent so I sometimes pronounce some words oddly. I speak Arab (basic) and English fluently so that's a big great achievement. I do know how to speak in German and Japanese but I'm not too fluent in those two languages.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
My primary language is Norwegian (which also means I can communicate with people who speak Swedish and Danish without a problem), we don't have "accents" as much as dialects and there is so much variety that you can pretty much not only narrow it down to what town you're from, but also what part of said town.

Other than Norwegian, I speak English (obviously - but I don't have any specific English accent, I end up emulating whoever I speak with, I've had people tell me I sound Irish, American, Southern Brittish, Northern Brittish, London accent... yeah...) and while I took French for 5 years in school, I pretty much suck at it. I know a little bit of Norwegian sign language, but not enough to truly get by (not unless I spell everything I want to say)

Other than that I can count in various languages like German, Italian, Finnish, Japanese, Thamil...

I speak the native tongue of my species, the Vampire Squid, known as Vampyromorphidish.

I am also fluent in several other deep sea languages, notably Cuttlefish and Sperm Whale. As far as human languages I am fluent in English and Udmurt.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom