• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Languages!

What's your primary language? What kind of accent do you have? Do you speak any other languages and, if so, which ones and how well? Would you like to learn any language?

I speak English. I have a New Jersey accent. I speak Spanglish and I'd like to brush up on it so it sounds more like actual Spanish. I'd love to learn Italian.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I speak American English, and I don't think I have an accent. I'm taking French in school, and I'm halfway decent at that, but I can't do that silly r sound.

I love languages, but I don't know very much about any of them. XD

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
I am fluent in over six million forms of communication, and can readily...

I can speak american english. I'm becoming fluent in Japanese, and I've just started learning Italian. Why these languages? Well, my family's from Italy and I want to go to Kyoto one day. My family doesn't understand why I want to learn Japanese. "It sounds like a bunch of random sounds and letters." The only thing I say is "Well, english is also a bunch of random sounds and letters." I also know French, took a couple of years of it in high school.

Well, as for an accent. I really don't have one. I can change my voice to act as different people. Currently working on General Grievous's voice.

Last edited:

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I speak fluent American English and am familiar with (most) British slang.

I'm in Spanish 3 at school but I really don't speak it very well.

tumblr_m282xpX7YL1r1hs5lo1_500.gif

My primary language is Bulgarian, for some obvious reasons and my secondary English.
I don't think I have any dialects in both of 'em.

And I know some stuff from other languages, but not enough to say that I know those languages. Thinking of learning either German or Italian...or Latin for the hell of it.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
I speak proud Murican. I can't speak other languages, though I want to learn. I know a few words in several languages thank you Hetalia. And I like to try different accents. I can do British, Spanish, French, maybe Japanese, and possibly Italian accents. I want to learn a German accent. And I want to learn Japanese, German, and Italian as languages.

...And I totally did not mean to make a Hetalia reference with that. Seriously.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
My primary language es Español. I'm also fluent English because I have learned it throughout my life. I would love to learn Japanese. Pretty much that's the only language I'd love to learn:3

I speak American English and Polish equally fluently. Hard to say what type of accent I have but since I live in the Chicago burbs, I'd say I have a Chicagoan accent. Every time I've visited Poland, the people there think I'm a native and praise my advance speaking skills. I was actually afforded that opportunity by an illness at an early age.

I also speak Spanish albeit not as well as the aforementioned two languages. I'm currently in Spanish 5 AP and can solidly converse with someone but my vocabulary needs a tune up before I can express myself on a variety of topics in the language.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
My primary language is English, with an American accent. No specific American accent, though, as far as I'm aware...

Sin embargo, también estoy aprendiendo el idioma de español. ¡Es muy divertido! He estudiado por tres años. Me gustan lenguajes y quiero aprender más.

Spanish is very fun, and I absolutely LOVE languages. I wish I could be a linguist some day. Right now my Spanish could use some work, but I think I'm decent. I use it pretty frequently in everyday life. Not out of necessity or reason; I just like speaking the language.

If I ever become fluent in Spanish, I'm going to learn French and Japanese, and potentially Greek or Latin just because they're so interesting. And Italian would probably be realtively easy to learn after Spanish; they're rather similar, from what I've seen.

LOL

I'm deaf, For real
I was planning to take German in High School but because I struggle with learning (From Hearing loss) I had to take other classes which was fine with me.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
American English, I do not know what my accent is (apparently it's "stoner" at least by account of some members here). I do not *speak* any other languages, although in the past I had studied:
-Arabic
-Spanish

From there, I'd love to pick up Arabic and relearn it. It's pretty much the most beautiful language I've laid eyes on. After that, Japanese of course! Weeaboo powers activate!

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I speak American English and I don't know what accent I have (it might be monotone :P). I am in German 2 so I know some words and phrases, but I'm not fluent. I'd like to learn French too. I don't know why, I just want to.

I'm fluent in American English, understand and use UK slang as I am Irish American, and am near-fluent (proficient) in American Sign Language. I'd be fluent if I had some Deaf friends to sign with. For a while I tutored a Deaf student and because of communication with her, my signing skyrocketed. I'd really like to get back in the habit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom