• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Language Thread

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I am most fluent in Canadian English. My Hindi is also pretty good. Not excellent but I can manage regular conversation. I really want to work on improving it, though. I can read Hindi but it'd take me a minute per word
8foHW2O.gif
I also want to improve my French skills. Which is weird because while taking French, I used to hate it. But now that I dont have to take French anymore and so havent since grade 9, I wish I had continued. I also want to learn German :) Oh, and Mezlo inspired me to check out Inuktitut :>

Last edited:

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Fluent in Swedish, English, German, and Bosnian (Serbo-Croatian).

Looking to learn Japanese, Chinese, and Arabic.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
My first language is English and is the only language I'm fluent in. I can read and write French and used to speak it fairly well but those days are gone now lol. I can understand spoken Arabic, with Khaliji and Egyptian being the easiest for me. I can also understand Somali fluently owing to the sheer number of Somali people I know and have grown up with. It's an interesting language, sounds aggressive lol but it's like a mixture of Arabic, Italian, English and Swahili I guess. I'd love to learn to speak any one of these foreign languages properly, especially Arabic as it would be useful.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
Well, I going to be living in Lisbon for a year or so, so I should probably learn Portuguese.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Fluent in English
I can write/read French with relative ease, although my speaking and listening skills are poor
I've picked up German, although with the unfortunate news that my German teacher is leaving, it seems that I'll have to learn more on my own
I've signed up for a Spanish 1 course next year (I didn't have very many options), which I expect to be almost disgustingly easy; at my school, if you take French 3 (which I have), you're allowed to automatically enroll in a Spanish 2 course. I will be in AP French next year, so I expect Spanish 1 to be child's play.

I would love to learn Hebrew, Polish, Hungarian, Italian, Russian, and Serbian. Oh, and I'd like to learn some basic sign-language to talk to my deaf friend!

InsomniacAttack

wtf did u say about me u little mcnuggit?
I'm (obviously) fluent in English as it is my first language. I'm also proficient, but not quite fluent in Spanish. I can speak a bit of Japanese in a pinch, but not enough to say I'm even at A1 level. Language is important to me, but learning more than one more language in addition to English is a bit too big of a commitement for me at the moment. I'd rather spend more time perfecting my English vocabulary and articulacy first.
On a side note, I can rap in pig latin.

English speaker here. I can also speak español, italiano, português, and français, which covers all of the Romance languages I know. However, I know a bit of Latin, too, and I can quickly pick up on when another Romance language is being used in conversation. I can speak 日本語 Nihongo (Japanese), which includes the abilities to read and write hiragana/katakana, and detect some Kanji characters. I've dabbled in many other languages including shqip (Albanian). I have a tendency to shy away from declension-heavy languages, though; they're just too time-consuming for my tastes. There are Tamil and Sinhalese-speakers on my dad's side, but I can't speak it worth crap and I never intend to, either.

People keep telling me that I need to get serious about the languages I know and actually try to pursue a career in it or something, or else it's just a big fat waste of time and ability, and I'm incline to agree, though I'm conflicted because learning new languages is so much fun.

bú kèqì

Spanish is my native language, I also speak English fluently, as I live in an English speaking country, I also speak Italian and Japanese. My Japanese is rather good, even though I'm still learning, but my Italian is abysmal. I plan to go back to Italian, and I would like to eventually learn French, German and maybe one or two more languages, though I haven't quite decided yet.

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
I know...
Patois (fluently)
English duh
Spanish (nearly fluent_
French
Mandarin (a bit)
Turkish ( a bit )
Portuguese ( a bit )
Italian (fluently)

I want to know...
everything

I know...
Patois (fluently)
English duh
Spanish (nearly fluent_
French
Mandarin (a bit)
Turkish ( a bit )
Portuguese ( a bit )
Italian (fluently)

I want to know...
everything
THANK YOU!!!!
Don't you love that moment when you suddenly start understanding and phrases and the like start falling into place?
If you ever want someone to practice spanish with, send me a message ;) In return you can help me with my crappy italian :P

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I am fluent in Klingon and my second language is Elven.

Lol!

My first language is English. I can read, write, and talk a little in German. Spending two weeks in Peru this summer, I learned basic Spanish. Enough to buy a taxidermy pirhanna. So yeah.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I know two languages, Malay and English.

Malay is my native language, growing up in Malaysia. Sadly, though, my Malay isn't as proficient as my English, because throughout my younger years I grew up with English/Western materials. It's pretty rusty to say at least, but it's not as terrible as it is. My only problem with Malay is that I can never articulate my sentences right, and it's common in Malaysia to sometimes mix your sentences with English and Malay, so there's that. The place I grew up with also made me gotten really used to its slang, so I'm not very great in proper Malay.

I am fluent in English, because of what I stated before. My accent when I talk in English seems too Westernized.

I used to study Arabic when I was younger, though I wasn't very interested in learning it. Now being older, I have regretted that situation and I now only know how to count numbers and say yes and no in Arabic. I wish I could speak Arabic today. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom