• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lanayru Mining Facility Theme

Linksister82

Setterwind
Does anyone else not like the music in the Lanayru Mining Facility? I just think it sounds like someone repeatedly tapping on something or a ticking clock (which always drives me CRAZY!) and it just gets soooooo annoying to me. Is it just me?? :O

i HATE the lanayru mining facility, and its music. It made me want to shoot myself in the head. It was so repetitive and gave me a massive headache, i was so relieved when it was over.

I also found it really repetitive and annoying.. and I didn't like that portion of the game in general either, something about the timeshift stones really frustrated me

I thought that Lanayru Mining Facility's music was one of the best songs in the game and I listen to it often. When I first heard the song the tinkling sound irritated me too, but as I listened on I realized how much there was to the song and why that strange sound was good. It complemented the song as a whole quite well and it helped to give the dungeon its distinct atmosphere.

Lanayru Mining Facility was an old ruin, so the song had that odd hollow tinkling and often deep wind-like sounds, but the place was also one of advanced technology, and the high-pitced sounds and various other aspects of the song work with this theme quite well. Furthermore, the dungeon was also highly dangerous. This was the climax to the game's first half, as well as dungeon of Lanayru Desert. Lanayru Desert was a sad area that, depending on how you want to interpret it, may have actually depicted portions of the Demon War talked about in the opening (the events that seem to be going on in the past when you activate Timeshift Stones look like they're from that war). Lanayru Desert had an adventurous atmosphere, but also a sad one. Lanayru Mining Facility was the dungeon of that area, the dangerous portion, so they offset that with an unsettling and alarming tune. In addition to the themes I already addressed, the Lanayru Mining Facility theme was supposed to be uncomfortable. It was a vaguely irritating noise for me, but not in the sense that it made the song difficult to listen to, but in the sense that it made the song unsettling. This fit the area -- with its danger, creepiness, and sadness -- very well.

Yeah the past version is definitely the better of the two songs. The first song is a bit simplistic, and I guess I could understand some irritation with that one, although everything I've said still applies really.

The first time I heard the music, I thought it was just plain ugly to listen to. During my second playthrough, however, for some reason it easily became one of my favorite songs. I don't know what it is about it that made me like it, but I will say that I prefer the "past" version than the present version. I guess it's just a matter of getting used to it and trying to get the best of out the melody. :D I recently beat the Lanayru Mining Facility for the third time and I was always looking forward to changing the surroundings to the past time.

Linksister82

Setterwind
Judging from these comments, perhaps if I play it longer it will grow on me. It is still a bit aggravating to my ears lol but maybe it is just because I don't like the "oh no there is danger near" kind of music. We shall see I reckon. I'll keep ya posted. ;)

Tadpole

Don Gero's Apprentice
I highly enjoyed the songs in Lanayru. The present one fits the mood perfectly as they always do. And the past version is even better. They complement each other by showing how busy the past was and how empty the present is. The past version is probably my favorite from the whole game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom