• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lanayru Cutscene

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Heck yeah.
It could have been a nice little get together for Zelda and Link (and Impa).
BUT NO NO NO NO-
Ghirahim's just got to jump in and ruin everything.
Doesn't matter.
Got the harp.

The cutscene following completion of the Lanayru Mining Facility was certainly impressive. I personally spoiled it for myself beforehand watching the harp trailer but boy was it worth it. as Josh put it in a comment on the main site"Holy ****. This is the best cutscene ever in a Zelda game". The appeal to pathos is certainly present here as just when you see Zelda and think your quest is coming to an end...BAM! Out pops Ghirahim and there is the traditional plot twist after the completion of the first three dungeons. But was that really unexpected? Certainly not for me! I also found it hilarious that all the action froze the moment Link received the harp, always a nice albeit unrealistic Zelda quirk.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
"You got the Goddess Harp! But there's no time to admire it now."

I really liked It, especially with Link coming to save the day. But Girahim backflips out of the way and throws a hissy fit.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
one flaw in that cutscene:link wasn't left-handed

How is that a flaw it us something that is so trivial that it would not have changed the story and actually made it unappealing to 90% of the world.

I think the only thing that I would change is how slow Impa falls to a higher but still slow motion fall.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Did I like it!? I loved that cutscene, and it's not even my favourite from that game. I thought SS did really well on going for the cinematic approach this time around. TP was kind of there but SS improved upon that and set a new standard for the series in that aspect.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
The best bit about it for me was the brief stand-off between Ghirahim and Impa. I mean, dayum Impa, Y U NO tell us you were that awesome before? I also liked how dangerous Ghirahim was made to look. There was Impa Link and Zelda having the struggle of their lives and ol' Debbie was just giggling and throwing around magical energy like it was nothing.

In case anyone needs their memories refreshed
[video=youtube;hJBMUyekvhk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJBMUyekvhk[/video]

One of the few times they managed to make His Demonic Fabulousness look menacing.

Jetaluski7

Master Swordsman
I love this cutscene. It's my favorite one and one of the only ones I didn't skip in Hero Mode.

LOVED it. The "got the harp! But no time to admire it" quote was amusing, as were the options you could say to Impa. I kind of really wanted to say ''Am I late?" as back-at-ya, but said "protect zelda" just for...I dunno. But it was a great cutscene, loved the cinematic effect and Ghirahim. I feel like he should have said "So sorry to interrupt this little...reunion. So touching...IT MAKES ME ANGRY." or some such. Ghirahim's "I'm so calm...BUT NOW I'M ANGRY RAWR" anger management issues make me smile :D
I would say second best cutscene i've seen in Zelda. The Midna-Zant-Link-Lanayru cutscene from TP being the first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom