• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Lakebed Temple

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I loved this temple. I personally didn't have any problems with it since it's kind of obvious what to do next. But I sense that people could be easily confused by it.

First of all, I'd like to say in response to the initial post that neither really gave me the feeling that they were underwater. Not that it really makes a difference.

I believe that Nintendo use this re-occuring theme, temples that include multiple floors and a central room, due to the fact that the majority of games around the world state that they find this forim of temple the hardest to complete. Most people would say, especially on their first run through, that temples such as the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time and the Great Bay Temple in Majora's Mask were the hardest to complete in their respective games, the same goes for several games.

I guess that Nintendo keep recycling this idea as they are notorious for being the one of the hardest forms of temple in the 3D Zelda world (not sure if they had these temples in the 2D games, I highly doubt it though).

Also, the Water Temple and the Lakebed Temple are most likely not the same temple, as there are too many factors that change inside of the temples for them to be the same. Someone will most likely come along and state I am wrong and correctly prove I am so, but as far as I know, they are very different temples.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
The Lakebed Temple, alike the rest of Twilight Princess, was unbearably easy to me especially my first time through. The puzzles were pretty easy to figure out, the symmetry gimmick of the dungeon made it even easier, and most of all, the enemies were pathetic (although I didn't know Bomb Arrows worked on those bubble bug things for many playthroughs).

Nintendo seemed to try to make the water temples easier after the difficulty of the Water Temple and The Great Bay Temple, but people still seem to think that the Lakebed Temple is hard. I didn't think it was that bad, in fact it was one of the easier dungeons of Twilight Princess.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
It was plenty difficult. All water temples are. OoT's is pretty bad and MM's was dreadful. I was even confused in Great Bay Temple with a guide. I think Lakebed Temple was probably the second hardest temple (behind City in the Sky) in TP. I think it's one of the harder ones in the series too.

The first time I played it, I was stuck in the first room because I didn't even know that you could use bomb arrows. I moved onto the next room, with the giant staircase and that's where I became lost. I never knew which direction to place the stairs and I had to keep spinning it around until I got the right angle. It was very frustrating. There were so many other parts I became stuck in but I don't want to get into full detail. The boss was a peice of cake though.

Majora's Cat

How about that
Lakebed Temple is actually my favorite temple in the game. This is mostly because of the high difficulty level. Plus, Morpheel caused me SO much trouble when I first played TP because I couldn't find that tiny weakspot. Then I FINALLY found that stupid eye on its back. Good times.

Kybyrian

Lakebed Temple really did actually feel like you were at the bottom of a lake. A lot more than the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time did, at least. This doesn't much change my opinion of it, but I certainly did like it.

As for the difficulty and my attitude for these types of dungeons, I have to say that I really like it. The water level idea is very good and I like to see it used to much. It requires a whole new way of thinking to complete the dungeon successfully, and it's very enjoyable to go through if you aren't too frustrated by it. Any decent gamer can have a lot of fun while playing this, even if it frustrates them a little bit. Not to mention that the Lakebed Temple was slightly easier than the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time, which made it even more enjoyable. It seems to be one of my more favorite dungeons the series.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
I love the fact that these multi-floored central room water dungeons confuse me, because it gives me a good challenge, which I sometimes feel like I desperately need in Zelda.

mattsimme

Trappy
The first time I went through the Lakebed temple, I thought it was one of the hardest temples. But when I did it again, it was't so bad. Now I think its one of the easiest.

Ralis

Prince of the Zoras
Really, I think all of the water temples were really hard. Especially the water temple in OoT. But as hard as they all were, I have to say that they are really cool.

I was mixed on Lakebed Temple. I usually like water temples (except OOT), and this one was really cool with the new mature graphics that TP added. That being said, however, the puzzles weren't too challenging, and there weren't even that many of them. I like central rooms in dungeons, and the middle room in Lakebed Temple is very cool. I found myself getting lost sometimes, though, and having to retrace my steps back to this room lol, but I guess that's a good thing. And the final boss, Morpheel, was epic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom