• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lady Gaga Vs. Madonna?

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
I'm sure at least some of you have heard of this discussion; whether it be from Twitter or Youtube or even the news.​

Here it is: Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" vs Madonna's "Express Yourself"

Haven't heard one song? The other? How about either? Well, let me give you a little insight about this discussion that a lot of people are talking about.
- The song "Born This Way" either sounds like Madonna's song, or it sounds nothing like it. It's your own opinion.​

IMO "Born This Way" happens to sound a lot like "Express Yourself". The same beat, the same pitches on some of the notes... maybe its not enough to be quite the same, but I happen to think they sound a lot alike. Now, a question stems from your opinion of thinking that the songs do in fact sound the same...
- Is Madonna the idol of Lady Gaga?​

Oh, so many answers could be given for this. So comment!​

Need a link to the song comparison? Here ya go. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUDSX9vyG20 (Take note that "Express Yourself" was sped up from 116 bpm to 124 bpm to match "Born This Way")​

I don't see no similarity to the songs. Lady Gaga is so much better than Madonna and I don't see why it matters lady Gaga is the new generation and Madonna is the old. Honestly I think this is good for Gaga and Madonna cause people are talking about them again and, lady Gaga is once again number one.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Yeah, they do sound the same, you should also look into some other alleged rip-offs she made with Alejandro (Don't Turn Around by Ace of Base).

Either way, what Lady Gaga is doing is reviving the Madonna brand. Madonna is the most successful female act ever, Lady Gaga (or her people) saw the current void in music for a unique Madonna-esque provocative pop-dance brand and she capitalized on it. Drawing influences from the now dominant dance-rnb-electro genres, she's reinvented Madonna's brand, and, I might add, done it very well (you know, coz Madonna's aging).

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I think they're pretty similar, but artists get inspired from one another like that all the time. I agree with Ariel that Lady Gaga's reviving Madonna's brand and what she did back in the 80s and such.

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
i don't think they sound anything a like..i somewhat agree with Majora in that maybe when she sat down to write the song she thought about Madonna's express yourself since Lady Gaga does draw inspiration from Madonna.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom