• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lack of Hearts[ALttP]

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
Is it just me.. or is it that EVERYTIME you are almost out of hearts, you can NEVER find them. But when you have full health, you find hearts everywhere.

This mostly happens to me in temples.

:suspicious:

CZG

True. It's even worse (or exciting) in the NES games.
Try to find a fairy or a clock from enemies, or get a magic jar from them in the second game when you need them.

Plus, the dungeons from back then didn't fill themselves up, once taken, they were gone until you reentered the dungeon.

Only later, from OoT and so on, you'll find hearts until you are full of health, then, you'll find rupees instead. It's a shame you get buried with fairies and hearts in the N64, 3D ones.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
And what really makes me mad is that, the first temple in the dark world, barely has hearts. You get bombs and arrows which rarely do you need them. And the little alley right before the boss room has no hearts so you cant stock up on them.

CZG

I'm afraid you have to get used to it.
The last palaces CAN KILL. Beware of Trinexx!

If you look back the first dungeon was a breeze.
I suggest getting 4 bottles as soon as possible, and stock up with fairies and, later, potions. Blue ones.

Personally, little hearts wasn't that bad. Having no bombs (rare in ALttP, but very common in LoZ) is way worse.
I think you get enough arrows and bombs each time you need them in ALttP.
Check out Lake Hylia to compensate that.

dumb180

Warrior Postman
What CZG said definitely has some merit, but I'd never really thought about/noticed it (in Alttp). The first several playthroughs of Alttp can be devastating though; no question.

Psst. Sprinkle magic powder on the little fireballs that take magic. Turns them into fairies. Easy hearts.

CZG

I decided to not play it anymore.

Im doing ST right now. Saved right before going to the snow realm.

That's a shame, really.
Of course ST in new now, and must be fun 'n all, but you can't go through the Zelda series without ALttP.
I really hope you can push yourself in the nearby future to go and finish it. You already entered the Dark World so you were doing quite fair I guess.

Point is, if this game was as easy as any N64 game, it wouldn't be half a good as it is.
Same goes for LoZ and TAoL....

Mm, I hear you. -.-

I've always had that problem in Zelda games. Very rarely does that not happen to me. And yeah, I agree that it tends to happen more in the older games. Although that might have more to do with the fact that those games are much harder than the new games.

Wielder of Aegis

Greetings everypony!
That happens to me all the time. I got MC and thought hey this is a great game. The combat is easy and the dungeons are interesting. So I decided to buy Alltp on GBA. Good god is it hard!!!!!!!! I only made it up to the swamp palace and I have no hope of ever completing the game!!!!!! It's probably my least favorite Zelda game for this reason.

Ikana

Trollkastel
I remember that is was such a pain not finding hearts that I desperately needed but when your health is all the way up all you find are hearts.

D

Dlicious

In Alttp, to save money in the beginning, instead of buying potions all the time I would just catch the fairy's with the net and put them in the bottle. The place by Links house where you can run into the rocks always has like four or five, so I would catch as many as I could. It's a quick alternative to wandering around looking for hearts/buying potions. Also, it comes in handy when you're low on potions in the dungeons, if you fall through the huge white pots there's usually fairys there too and then you just warp back out without having to go crazy searching for hearts or leaving to buy potions. :D

Z

zbygy9

I think there is good reason for this. Perhaps Nintendo didn't want people playing the game to just blow through it. No hearts = leaving the dungeon and roaming hyrule for a bit. You might leave, go to a fairy fountain or something, and a take a look around. Find some heart pieces, upgrades, or new items for a little bit. That's the way i see it. Makes it more challenging and fun and less linear.

Imo, if you are having trouble with the game, reference a guide or something. I see no shame in that, as long as you are putting in effort. ALTTP is a fantastic game overall - every fan should try to get through it IMO.

Z

zbygy9

I think there is good reason for this. Perhaps Nintendo didn't want people playing the game to just blow through it. No hearts = leaving the dungeon and roaming hyrule for a bit. You might leave, go to a fairy fountain or something, and a take a look around. Find some heart pieces, upgrades, or new items for a little bit. That's the way i see it. Makes it more challenging, less linear, and fun.

Imo, if you are having trouble with the game, reference a guide or something. I see no shame in that, as long as you are putting in effort. ALTTP is a fantastic game overall - every fan should try to get through it, at least to see it's influence upon the games in their current incarnation... IMO. :)

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
I've always found it difficult to find hearts in every game. The difference is that the older games seem to be way more difficult, combined with when you need hearts, you're looking for them, and when you're not, you notice every heart as "Oh man I could have used that before." It's just a simple psychological thing I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom