• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

l

Meh.

They should have marketed it differently. DC have nothing to lose, they should have kept it being a Joker film secret and then see it explode on social media to make a bigger boom.

Not really feeling it. This definitely seems different than your standard superhero/supervillain movie with less of a focus on action and more on developing the character, but I don't know if a Joker origin story will be enough to carry the movie on its own.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Yeah I'll be watching it. It looks really good, not like a standard superhero film which has become quite tired lately.

My favourite Joker so far is Heath Ledger and my least favourite is Jared Leto though that whole film was just a steaming pile of poo anyway.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
It looks interesting. I actually wasn't even aware they were making a standalone Joker film until the trailer dropped, so it was a pleasant surprise. It looks like a refreshing breath of fresh air after 2 decades of all too similar superhero films, so I'm definitely interested to see how it turns out in the end.

As an aside, I know nothing about Joker's origins from the comics, so I will not be criticizing this film from a comics standpoint. From what I saw in the trailer, his origin story is not what I would expect, but makes sense given his character so I'm excited to see how it is portrayed in this film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom