• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

l

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I don't find it to be too much of a problem, myself, mainly because I don't play many Marvel games or watch many Marvel films. However, I do find myself going into the films I do see thinking, "I wonder when Stan Lee will show up". I also agree with this:
For me, it hit a point a while ago when Stan's cameos where taken over the top.
I remember that cameo in The Amazing Spider-Man when the focus of the shot was Stan Lee and not the fight between Spidey and The Lizard (distant cousin of yours?). Mentally, I compared it to his cameo in the original Sam Raimi Spider-Man, when he pulled a little girl out of the way of some rubble. It was a real 'blink-and-you'll-miss-it' moment, a nice little cameo for the fans but done in a way which fit in seamlessly with the film. I think his cameos should go back to being like that, rather than being a specific and inevitable joke in each film.

The only 'overt' cameo that I liked was in one of the Hulk movies, when Stan Lee and Lou Ferrigno appeared as two security guards right at the start. I liked that because it was the two of them, acknowledging the comic and TV history of the franchsie in a throwaway moment that was just part of a scene, not a scene unto itself.

I don't have any issue with him cameoing in every film, but I do think the cameos should be a lot more subdued and incorporated into the movie more... is 'organically' the word I want to use here?

As for games, I only really remember two Spider-Man games that were on the original Playstation which had Lee give an intro monologue for every level ("Bad news, True Believers! Hammerhead and his goons are hiding out at the old train yard!"). I kind of liked it at first, but after about seven levels of, "Nuff said" and, "Excelsior!" it did get a bit tiring.

Salem

SICK
I liked his cameos, wondering what "role" will he play is a natural consequence of knowing who he is.;)

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I've only seen his cameos in the movies and I think it's pretty cool. And at his age, still being out and about and doing stuff, it's quite admirable too. :)

I personal like seeing him, it is cute little gag, but I agree with you saying they gotten too big. I don't want them to end it, just maybe cut down on the length of his cameo.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I love his cameos! I haven't seen the ones in the games, but I have seen the ones in the movies. He always brings a slightly comedic twist to the movies. Notable examples are Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Thor, and The Avengers. I don't think it diminishes the overall quality of the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom