• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

l

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Yes, because firing nukes at North Korea would reverse whatever damage their nukes would have already done...

If it did get to the point where nuke fires were actually exchanged, you should be very worried. Just because North Korea would be wiped from the face of the Earth doesn't mean their attacks would just magically vanish. There are defense systems that try to prevent them hitting their destination, sure. But could we be sure they'd work?
This.

Just because a country has bigger nukes than their enemy doesn't mean they will leave the battlefield without a single scratch. Even N.K's small (compared to the U.S's) nukes can do loads of damage if dropped in a city, millions would be wiped out instantly and a lot more would suffer from the aftereffects.

Which is why it is extremely important not to push N.K around, calling them kids etc. and just patronizing them because if one is on their level of behavior and just gets laughed upon then pushing a button that can end millions of lives instantly and just cause a huge crisis in the world wouldn't be too far of a stretch.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Even though North Korea bluffs 99.9% of the time, a nuclear threat, if it turned out to be real, would be a serious problem. That said, if they somehow managed to nuke a country, they would be blown off the face of the planet by every other country in a matter of days, so it would be silly for them to even attempt.
Well in my opinion, even though I do find it unlikely that they will go through with their threats... I do actually see it happening at sometime, I mean the country is in a pretty unhealthy situation, they have no solid relations with other countries, they are facing problems economically and a large section of the country is experiencing poverty. They rely on their one loose relation, being China and now it seems that that might be loosening further, you take a country that has an unexperienced head figure, has unstable leaders, nuclear weapons/decent weapon capacity all mixed together with the fact that they are against the world and struggling. Then in my opinion they might go without a "bang" literally!

Last edited:
My problem is waking up to no electricity and my watch stop ticking. I don't think major structural damage is going to be the biggest problem.

EDIT: It doesn't surprise me though that the U.S. government has been funding (or has funded) N.Korea's nuclear program (thus both sides [US, and N.Korea] are being funded by the same entities to be played off against each other in the future)

($3.5 million January 2003) http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2003/01/18/15619291.php

($95 million back in April 2002) http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/1908571.stm

Last edited:

Austin

Austin
Yes, because firing nukes at North Korea would reverse whatever damage their nukes would have already done...

If it did get to the point where nuke fires were actually exchanged, you should be very worried. Just because North Korea would be wiped from the face of the Earth doesn't mean their attacks would just magically vanish. There are defense systems that try to prevent them hitting their destination, sure. But could we be sure they'd work?
That's not so much the point. The fact that they'll witness the mother of all counter attacks won't undo the damage, but it will likely prevent them from acting in the first place. Why would you strike first if you know there's no way out?

I wouldn't dismiss this as nothing, but I highly doubt they'll strike America. From what I've read, only South Korea and Japan have anything to fear. The worst-case scenario seems to be N. Korea being able to hit a US territory like Guam or possibly Hawaii. Even that seems to be heavily in doubt.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
Even though North Korea bluffs 99.9% of the time, a nuclear threat, if it turned out to be real, would be a serious problem. That said, if they somehow managed to nuke a country, they would be blown off the face of the planet by every other country in a matter of days, so it would be silly for them to even attempt.
Yes, because everyone likes Amerika.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
[SARCASM]There was a time when making such blatant threats of this nature was no different than making good on them. NK is really getting into it this time, making a big bloody stink out of it. Even if nothing comes of their obnoxious warmongering another year from now they'll be back at it again.

Better than waiting for them to make the first several hundred kills, just blast em into oblivion now and shut em the hell up.

Whether or not actually making good on their threats is in NK's best interest (which it most certainly is not) I don't think they have the sense to refrain from doing so. Their state is run by a bunch of delusional psychotic man men who lack the good sense not to launch nuclear attacks on US forces and South Korea.

Yeah, sure, the world would hate "US" for it but it's not like the US is well liked anyway.[/SARCASM]

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
The reason we don't bomb countries is due to public image and morality. But if we were bombed, I doubt anyone would stand between us bombing N. Korea. Don't they have...what...one ally? Who doesn't even support them in this...

We'd be putting the majority of them out of their misery at this rate.

Agent Spaghetti

Advanced Noodle
The moment Kim Jong-Il came into this world, a shooting star brought forth a spontaneous change from winter to summer and a double rainbow appeared; the first time he golfed, he shot a 38 under par, making an amazing 5 hole-in-ones; he is a fashion icon: "People around the world are attracted to and following not only the jacket our Great Leader is wearing, but also his attitude, facial expressions, hand gestures, and even his handwriting," wrote a columnist; he also invented the hamburger.

Do you honestly believe that I will take Kim Jon-Un, a man who is studded with military awards he "earned", any more seriously?

Hardly.

EDIT: He has also never defecated.

Last edited:

All Might

You are your own destiny
Forum Volunteer
Do any of you know why on Earth North Korea would want to fire a nuke anyway? I mean...what's the incentive?

The percentages of it happening and not happening are pretty insignificant in the face of why it would happen, if you asked me. Surely they'd have some motive for purportedly discharging a nuclear warhead in the future. Would it be for power, for attention, for intimidation, or just for the plain dumb sake of starting a war? The rest of the countries (with the possible exception of Iran, and others I know nothing of) have clearly protested this alleged outcome by offering negotiations, but North Korea threw them out as if they were dogs.

Naturally it baffles me a bit to consider them going through with it, yet I find the their intentions lacking in substance, and therefore my doubting them is justified. As far as I can see they're acting precisely like a group of bullies on the playground who tease victims that want no part in it. Thus their reasons are juvenile and not worth the effort of thought in my eyes.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Do any of you know why on Earth North Korea would want to fire a nuke anyway? I mean...what's the incentive?
No particular reason. They're just bs crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:

The percentages of it happening and not happening are pretty insignificant in the face of why it would happen, if you asked me. Surely they'd have some motive for purportedly discharging a nuclear warhead in the future. Would it be for power, for attention, for intimidation, or just for the plain dumb sake of starting a war? The rest of the countries (with the possible exception of Iran, and others I know nothing of) have clearly protested this alleged outcome by offering negotiations, but North Korea threw them out as if they were dogs.

Naturally it baffles me a bit to consider them going through with it, yet I find the their intentions lacking in substance, and therefore my doubting them is justified. As far as I can see they're acting precisely like a group of bullies on the playground who tease victims that want no part in it. Thus their reasons are juvenile and not worth the effort of thought in my eyes.
The answer is hidden in plain view. Look at who's funding them. Remember, there is a lot of money to be made, and certain industries get off on helping create new wars. Also, don't forget my previous post (http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/f33/north-korea-carries-out-yet-another-nuclear-test-39890-3.html#post688963)

tysonrss

Keyblade Master

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom