• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

l

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
"There was a race even closer to the gods", Hylia was dwelling among them. "They created the people of Hylia", Link and Zelda descended and began the kingdom of Hyrule, Skyloftians essentially became Hylians.
Stopped reading right here. Shad's quote there is a mistranslation. The sky people created Hyrule, not the Hylians.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
...Wait who made Hyrule then?

PS: Do not say Din. She made the world. Not the cities/countries.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Yes, according to legend, Hyrule was made by the Hylians, who, as we all know, are the closest race to the gods.

What he says here actually makes sense. It is true that hylians didn't create the whole world they reside in, but it is fair to assume that there were creatures, who descended from the gods (take Christianity; it is told in the bible that we are made in gods Image, and this might be what shad is saying about hylians). These creatures created and developed a village, then a city, then populated themselves all across the land. Take OoT, which I know isn't the first in the timeline, but nonetheless, the people are spread from Kakariko village to Castle Town to Lon Lon Ranch. It is possible, and probably true that Hylains created hylia I.e. the kingdom they reside in. As for all the sky people stuff, I'm gonna keep my nose outta that since I have yet to play SS.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I heard (here, I think) that what Shad said in the English of the game is innacurate to what is said in the original Japanese, which is something more along the lines of the Sky Beings helping to create HYRULE, not the HYLIANS.

I have imagined the City in the Sky as being "Skyloft as scavenged by this mysterious race and retro-fitted to their purposes," i.e. I've entertained the idea that "the Oocca are squatters." Not that it's a bad thing that they're using what the Hylians/Skyloftians do not use. In fact, I see them as servants of the gods who keep the memory alive of when Hylians lived in the sky long after the Hylians themselves have forgotten it.

Now, Link, I fully imagine you after the end of Twilight Princess taking your buddy Shad over to that Sky Canon and taking on a research-trip up there. You OWE it to him! He would learn so much... perhaps ask questions like "Why are the doors human-sized?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom