• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

l

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Hyrule Castle was destroyed on the adult timeline, so one of the buildings must have been rebuilt from scratch. You say the castle was rebuilt and the ToT was extended, but I say it's the other way around: the ToT expanded to become the new castle, and the TotG was built from scratch as a successor to the ToT. My theory comes about from placing more focus on WW's direct connections to OoT than on its indirect connections to TP.

Well, not only was the Temple of time a sacred place, but it also had links to the Hero of Time. The opening section of the game shows us that they prayed intently for the Hero to return.
Yet, most of the relics of the Hero of Time can be found within Hyrule Castle: A large statue, an image (puzzle) of the Triforce, depictions of the Seven Sages and Ganon, and the Master Sword itself. The position of the MS surrounded by six statues and depictions of the Sages is an explicit reference to the Chamber of Sages, accessed from the ToT in OoT.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I say it's the other way around: the ToT expanded to become the new castle

I think I agree with this more. I've said previously (in my first ever post I think) that TWW Castle's basement may be the remains of the Temple of Time. My reasoning for that speculation was that the Master Sword can only be moved by those it deems worthy and so it seems unlikely that it could be relocated with ease. As a result, it seemed possible that TWW castle was built around it.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
However at the end of OoT Link is not shown returning the Master Sword to it's pedestal. Rather he is simply sent straight back to his childhood.

I'm pretty sure we see him put it back. Zelda sends him back in time, the credits play, we see happy people, then the sages and when they finish we see Link materialise in the Temple of Time, the sword is back in the pedastal and Link looks at himself to see that he is a child once more. Navi flies off and Link leaves and we see him go to Zelda.
The way he looks at himself suggests that he still has the memories of being an adult which means even though he is back before things happen, he still went on the adventure.

[video=youtube_share;ge8zd1ZR-hc]http://youtu.be/ge8zd1ZR-hc[/video]

In this case I guess the Master Sword technically doesn't leave the pedastal, but that just means it was always in there and so didn't move.

The quote states that only those worthy can "weild" the Master Sword if I'm not mistaken. I.e. only they can use it in battle. It doesn't imply people cannot lift it unless they are the chosen hero.

That's a fair point. It's just speculation on my part so it is possible that someone could move the Master Sword but I always imagined it to be kind of like Excalibur, that only the person who was worthy could even move it.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
However at the end of OoT Link is not shown returning the Master Sword to it's pedestal. Rather he is simply sent straight back to his childhood. Someone had to put it back.
You're right - Zelda did.

Hyrule Historia said:
She replaces the Master Sword in its pedestal and firmly closes the Door of Time so that the Sacred Realm will never again be opened.
"replaces" = same place as it was
"closes the Door of Time ... never again be opened" = wasn't later moved

Great thread, I agree with Locke more on the ToT expanding to the castle. But otherwise great job. I also noticed from your pics that in TP ToT the statues are made to look like owls to acknowledge the one who created the ToT, Kaepora Gaebora. not really relevant to this topic I just thought I should point that out in-case anyone wanted to know...

Iplayed the Tower of the Gods for the first time ever today and I thought it was very similar to the Temple of Time. Also, both have that balance thingy. I didn't read the entire first post, and none of the other posts (I'm too lazy right now, I might read them later...)

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
Out of curiosity, is the Master Sword the item directly responsible for the accessing of the Sacred Realm? I'm still uncertain exactly why only OoT Link was sent there upon contact with it, and why Ganondorf could somehow piggy back on that transport.

I know that in the Light Medallion cutscene of OoT, Rauru mentions that "the final key to the Sacred Realm" was the drawing of the Master Sword from the Pedestal of Time. I'm not exactly sure how Ganondorf got to the Sacred Realm unless the blue light transport around the Pedestal of Time remained there until the Hero of Time descended seven years later.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Out of curiosity, is the Master Sword the item directly responsible for the accessing of the Sacred Realm? I'm still uncertain exactly why only OoT Link was sent there upon contact with it, and why Ganondorf could somehow piggy back on that transport.

Normally removing the master sword would grant access to the sacred realm, but Link was put in stasis when he pulled out the sword, so Ganon had access to the opening

Great thread, I agree with Locke more on the ToT expanding to the castle. But otherwise great job. I also noticed from your pics that in TP ToT the statues are made to look like owls to acknowledge the one who created the ToT, Kaepora Gaebora. not really relevant to this topic I just thought I should point that out in-case anyone wanted to know...
Or maybe the Oocca?

Edit: Just realized that Rauru is Kaepora, disregard

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom