• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

l

Majora's Cat

How about that
Impossible. The only Zelda game that has featured Zelda as the main character is Zelda's Adventure for the CD-i, and that game was absolutely horrendous. As much as I adore female protagonists, I don't think Zelda is a particularly good character to make into the playable one in an adventure game. I understand where you're coming from because of Zelda needing to transform into Sheik and appearing conveniently when Link needs Sheik most. However, Nintendo would have to be very creative with developing any content in between, or else the game's objective would be just to get from Point A to Point B.

As for spin-offs, they're just not adequate games. Although Link's Crossbow Training and Mario spin-offs sell an incredible amount of copies, if a Zelda game featuring Zelda as the playable character is to be made, I imagine that Nintendo would try to make it into a legitimate gaming experience like the rest of the games in the franchise. Not to say that a spin-off Zelda game can't be worth playing, but rarely in the history of Nintendo's work as a video game developer has a quality spin-off game been cranked out.

Now the story of a game revolving around Zelda would need to be very intricate and flexible enough to correspond with Ocarina of Time's story. This would be difficult given that OoT already has a set story, and building a side story off of that story over a decade later would be quite the challenge. Considering Nintendo isn't particularly skillful at creating interesting plots in its games, I would imagine that the story for a literal "Zelda" game would be forgettable.

Unless we see an amazing story behind Zelda's actions in Ocarina of Time, there just isn't any feasible way that a Legend of Zelda spin-off featuring Zelda from OoT can be on par with Zelda games featuring Link as the hero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom