• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler l

possible but Fi says she is created by the goddess. and if we look at it your way then a Demon created a spirit sword and then the Goddess repurposed it and sent it back in time? also doesn't demise's essence and ghirahim get sucked into the MS? means weird paradoxs abound.....

T

tmccarter925

yes but if fi is Ghirahim with a mind wipe that explains Ghirahim from the initial battle of the goddess and demise then Ghirihim would have been reprogramed to Fi. The hole in this theory is that, where does the Ghirahim that we know in the game come from because if he had been reprogramed the one we fight throughout the game has no origin.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Yeah, where did Ghirahim of the present come from if he's supposed to have been turned into Fi in the past?

Ghirahim was created by Demise in the same way that Fi was created by the Goddess. He calls Demise "Master", looks similar to Fi, is shown to be the essence of a sword even before Demise appears (during Ghirahim's final battle with Link), and - as you said - acts very similar to Fi when Demise recalls him to the sword.

While my long- and fairly strong-held theory that Ghriahim is the spirit of the Gilded Sword has been proved wrong, at least my only error was in the identity of the sword. =P

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I don't think that Ghirahim is Fi. The Goddess had already sent Skyloft to the skys and made Fi before Ghirahim died in the past.

Shadow Mori

the shadow of the moon
Fi IS NOT Ghirahim if he is that wood make no since what so ever! Fi is Fi and Ghirahim is Ghirahim. time travel is not the ancer all the time. Ghirahim was made BY Dimise AKA Evil AKA Ganondorf AKA all final zelda bosses,Fi was made BY the goddes AKA Good AKA Zelda. Fi is not Ghirahim in the fucher.

sorry for bad gramer and spelling it is the one thing I'a bad at.

The problem with this is that it's pure speculation and that there's no canon proof otherwise. The one thing said in game is that Fi is created by Hylia, and with this knowledge we know that they are two separate entities. Created and restored are two different terms going on here and no where is it even hinted that they are the same.

The whole point of it would be so that there's an evil version of the Master Sword, kind of like accentuating on the fact that this guy is THE ultimate evil by having the blade of righteousness's bane.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
However I'd say the order of events seems fairly simple. Ghirahim was born/created or whatever. He carried out his plans until eventually running into Link. At the end of the game, he travels back in time to resurrect Demise where he is then either killed or left completely powerless by his 'transformation' into a sword. Due to him being so weak, when Demise is defeated Ghirahim is stranded in the past until he eventually found by the past version of Hylia (ie, not Zelda) and his power his simply converted into a force for good. I can't see how people would find issue with this.
Demise is defeated after Hylia had already created Fi and given up her immortality.
After a long and fierce battle, the
goddess, Hylia, succeeded in sealing
away Demise.

However, soon after the demon king
was imprisoned, it became clear that
the seal would not hold long against
his fearsome power.
Hylia had suffered grave injuries in
her battle with the demon king.
She knew that if he broke free again,
there would be no stopping him.
And if the demon king were to free
himself, it would mean the end of the
world for all beings of this land.

In order to put an end to the demon
king, Hylia devised two separate plans
and set them both into motion.
First, she created Fi. She made the
spirit that resides in your sword to
serve a single purpose: to assist her
chosen hero on his mission.
Her second plan...was to abandon her
divine form and transfer her soul to
the body of a mortal.
Hylia devised her plans just after Demise was first sealed. So when he's revived, Fi is already created and Hylia isn't around anymore.

Ghirahim is a weapon and a demon. Fi is a weapon. They look similar. They're both used to serve they're Master. They are opposites, and they're also the same. What I say is the Goddess stole Demise's idea and made Fi.

T

tmccarter925

Actually, if I am not mistaken it says Hylia seals Demise away and then sacrifices her immortal form for the mortal form/bloodline of Zelda. Further if I am not still mistaken by the time Skyloft is created the goddess sword is placed in Skyloft with Fi. Plus once Ghirahim goes into the past and resurrects Demise that changes the timeline therefore making the forms of the Imprisoned Link fought in the past obsolete because they are unresurrected forms of Demise. Meaning once Ghirahim and Link travel into the past it creates a different time line that the Link that starts the game from. All this time travel really screws with reality and linear thinking. While I think the whole Fi/Ghirahim theory is interesting I do not believe it to be true it just leaves too much unexplained and then you get into paradoxes and the time continuum.

T

tmccarter925

Concerning the split in Skyward Sword it is actually quite pronounced without interrupting or adding to the time line of the other Zelda games. The time line in which the game is mostly played through Demise was defeated by Hylia and sealed away with the Pillar and continued to escaped as the Imprisoned. The time line the game finishes at and creates is where Demise is sealed away with the master sword never again to take on his full form but as the form of Ganon. This would be time timeline that was created and used throughout the rest of the Zelda games. This would solve the issue of the events falling into one time line. Because this ends with Demise placing the curse on the blood line of Zelda and Link and the Master Sword in one realm/timeline, which ever way you prefer to look at it. If I remember correctly Fi says she was placed there at the time of the sword and even at that Ghirahim is never mentioned as being originated in the past so whether or not he was there or not for that battle as the sword is unknown.

K

Karimbus

Ghirahim is to Demise what Fi is to Link, or at least that's the way I see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom