• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler l

Hmm. So does this mean the next Link's are royalty? While he is slaving away he should really be living the sweet life of a prince! Now I want a Zelda game where Link starts off as a prince.... But I also thought of the sibling theory too, makes sense. But eh, Its Zelda, we will probably never get a straight answer. xD

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
(My thoughts turn towards the sibling theory from ALttP)

Fix'd.

Actually, I heavily doubt that Link and Zelda get married and have children. Sure enough, Skyward seems romance centric at least in the beginning and slightly towards the end of the game, but Link's family of OoT were known to be Knights of Hyrule, they [Link's family] had no relation to the Royal Family (we know Link's only connection to the royal family was being trusted by Zelda and then being taught her lullaby by Impa in the Courtyard).

I suspect Groose, Orielle and her brother, hell the other Hylians of Skyloft descended from the clouds after Zelda's father and they started some stuff and had kids. Maybe Groose even got his wish and had some alone time [sleepin'] with Zelda?

Assuming however like the OP said, it wouldn't do much to the series because Zelda really never hints at any possible interest towards Link in the later games (baring OoX and AoL, and of course SS).

Last edited:
I don't agree with that. It heavily implied that they did get together at the ending, with Link accepting Zelda's offer and their birds flying off together. Given the fact that the Red Hylian Crest was seen on Oot Zelda's dress and the fact that Oot Zelda said that Link sounds familiar, I am certain that SS Link and Zelda are the ancestors of OoT Zelda. To say that they don't get together because of bloodline issue can be disproven in two ways:

1) Link and Zelda of Skyward Sword could have two children. One child will continue the main royal line while other child marries another knight and form a new bloodline. Over time, that new bloodline goes further and further away from the royal bloodline until it reaches Oot Link. By then, the line is dialuted enough for Link to form a relationship with Zelda

2) Not all Links are related. This is something that has proven since the time of the Wind Waker. WW Link has no blood relation to the Hero of Time, yet he has the same courage and unbreakable spirit as the Hero of Time. Ganondorf even says that he is the Hero of Time reborn. Also Demise saids that his incarnation will hunt those "who shares the blood of the goddess and spirit of the hero". Note that he didn't say blood of the hero.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom