• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

L.o.z. R.p.g.

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
haha, that rhymes. anyway i was thinking it would be so cool to have a turn based rpg like the first 7 FF games,(just as like, a spin off game) because they did it with mario, so why not zelda? It seems more logical than a mario rpg anyway. It would be so cool to have like link as a fighter, a sheikah as a theif/monk, zelda as like a white mage(assuming she's not captured) and skull kid as a black mage?(they look really similar anyway). I know i've been playing the original FF on my iphone, but it would be awesome. It would also be cool to see a hell of a lot more characterization. :

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I've thought about this as well, ever consider rpg maker? it not the best software to make a game with but its easier to find and would do the trick. it wouldn't be on par with FF7 at all but at least it would be possible to make a hylian rpg. if anyone would like any ideas for such an rpg, ask me anything, I'd be happy to give you my input and feedback. though im not really interested in making the game myself I wouldnt mind sharing a bit of my expertise on Role Playing Games.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
Doesn't sound like a bad idea, but I don't think it should be released as a main game. Perhaps a WiiWare or a 3DS eShop game?
ALso, the reason why there was a Mario RPG released is that Mario is much more free a franchise, Nintendo can pretty much do whatever they'd like with it, whereas Zelda sort of has its own particular roots to stick by. Just look at Mario Kart, Mario Sports Mix, Mario Tennis, Super Mario RPG... Mario is more loose a franchise.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I think it would be great! I love to role play, especially D&D so I think it would be one more way to get my friends into Zelda, or meet new people who like it and play with them. I think role playing will become a bigger part of my life as I get older. I would absolutely love to play it, I can see it now! So much fun. I lose myself in any Zelda games, and role playing would be even more like being in the actual game! It would be simply fantastic!

Caeda

Keyblade Master
I would actually like to see Zelda as an rpg. I mean, it already has rpg elements in it, so it wouldn't be that hard to make it into an action rpg like Kingdom Hearts. In fact, now that I think about it, Zelda is basically an action rpg that has a few key things that make it Different from alot of other games. However, it would be interesting to see a turned based rpg Zelda.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Technically, Zelda's already an Action RPG, but I would love to have a turn based Zelda RPG around. Sadly, I don't think we'll see one any time soon due to the fact that the general Zelda fanbase seems to hate Turn Based RPG's, so making it a main series game would be very unprofitable and also because Zelda is a much less loose franchise when it comes to spinoffs. Heck, spinoffs are practically nonexistant within the series.

If a Zelda RPG were to be made, it would most likely need to be a Fan Game.

Caeda

Keyblade Master
spinoffs are practically nonexistant within the series.

If a Zelda RPG were to be made, it would most likely need to be a Fan Game.

Yeah, the only spinoffs we have are Those tingle games and Link's Crossbow Training.

By the way, I heard about a couple of fan-made RPGs. I think that the first one is called The Legend of Zelda: The Fallen Sage. I heard about it on ZeldaWiki.

DLC

Soul Drummer.
I think it would be great! I love to role play, especially D&D so I think it would be one more way to get my friends into Zelda, or meet new people who like it and play with them. I think role playing will become a bigger part of my life as I get older. I would absolutely love to play it, I can see it now! So much fun. I lose myself in any Zelda games, and role playing would be even more like being in the actual game! It would be simply fantastic!
Yay!!! Iam so hapy that other people play D&D!!!!!! In case you were wondereing ganonslayr is my brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom