• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT-N64 "L is Real!" What Does It Mean?

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
In the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time in the Dodongo Cavern there's a stone tablet. If you "check" it, it says........something, I don't know exactly but it's irrelevent to this argument. If you go into first-person view it looks like it says, "L is real." I figured someone knows what this means, cause I don't.Help.
FYI: This stone tablet is in Super Mario 64.:suspicious:

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
On Ocarina of Time it's merely a reused texture. In Mario 64 I think it's supposed to say "Eternal Star" and then something else that's less legible. Either way it's just an illegible mess of pixels that does not form any recognizable letters and/or numbers but it appears to form something because the human mind is good at recognizing objects in things that vaguely recognize them. It should mean nothing.

actually i think it says " L is Real 2401" from what i herd it was the planed Release date for Paper Mario 2/4/01 but was delayed a day February 5, 2001. and L stood for Luigi meaning he will be in paper Mario sense he didnt appear in Mario 64.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Yep. Re-used texture. I doubt Nintendo was trying to reference anything.

Hmmm...?
110923_view.jpg

Yeah, it was simply a reused texture - first appearing in Super Mario 64 - that spawned many rumors regarding the inclusion of Luigi as an unlockable character [based on the "L" part] in said game. From what I gather, these rumors date back as far as circa-1997, and it has since taken a variety of media by storm. Nintendo Power even released an issue in 1998 that poked fun at the infamous rumors...

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I guess it's a reference to a different game. But some poeple saw it in 64 and thought it meant that Luigi was an unlockable character for SM 64 lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom