• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Koume and Kotake in SS?

Ryuyasha

Dragon Demon
It is quite possible they could appear. Lets hope though they'll be knitting sweaters instead of trying to blast us with elemental attacks though.

T

Tekniko

I would love to see them again. They were personal favorites of mine and probably the most interesting boss fight.

No, I dont think they will be in the game, they dont seem important enough. Also the master sword was said to be lock away in the temple for centuries, much more than 400 years

well, 400 years is 4 centuries, so that wouldn't be a plot hole if they were in SS.

also, where does it say that the master sword was locked away for that long?

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
well, 400 years is 4 centuries, so that wouldn't be a plot hole if they were in SS.

also, where does it say that the master sword was locked away for that long?
It doesn't. However, the Master Sword is always returned to the pedestal of time so the next hero can obtain it in their quest. That's why Link needed to return to being a kid in OoT. With the MS being forged in SS, I wouldn't be surprised if that rule is established during the game.

Komue and Kotake could definitely appear in SS, however it would mean that they would either be members of Skyloft or monsters in Hyrule. Remember the legend of the Triforce in OoT:

Before time began, before spirits and life existed... Three golden goddesses descended upon the chaos that was Hyrule... Din, the goddess of power... Nayru, the goddess of wisdom... Farore, the goddess of courage... Din... With her strong flaming arms, she cultivated the land and created the red earth. Nayru... Poured her wisdom onto the earth and gave the spirit of law to the world. Farore... With her rich soul, produced all life forms who would uphold the law.

The legend is told, in short, that there was no life in Hyrule, but only chaos and destruction. (You can look up the entire legend at another time.) If Nayru gave the spirit of law to the world and Farore made the beings to uphold the law, then either the life Farore made began in Skyloft or the Goddesses have not yet restored Hyrule in SS. That would explain why monsters inhabit the land of Hyrule, or the land below.

Back on topic, this would mean that Komue and Kotake would have to reside in Skyloft, maybe on a certain island all by their lonesome or maybe even as magic teachers in Link's school. Or, they're purely monsters that are taking over Hyrule. OR they are descendants of the Skyloftians that came down to Hyrule after the events of SS, which would mean that they won't make an appearance.

Personally, I'm all for the idea of Komue and Kotake making an appearance. But based on what I know through quotes of developers and previous games, I don't think it's very likely.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
...Back on topic, this would mean that Koume and Kotake would have to reside in Skyloft, maybe on a certain island all by their lonesome or maybe even as magic teachers in Link's school...
i like the idea of them being Magic Teachers at Link's Boarding School... that's actually a really cool and creative idea. ^^

My Dear Epona

Its all about balance
I think they could make a cameo but we should not be able to fight against them, we could fight them on the alternative dimension or whatever oox were but if ss is a prequel as we assume it is we need them to stay alive!

I have a crazy theory; what if you fight twinrova, but she has 2 personalities and when you defeat her she splits up.

Aonuma did mention that the game connects to Ocarina of Time and explains why Ganondorf showed up. This likely hints at an inclusion of Kotake and Koume, as they are 400 years old and are considered to be Ganondorf's surrogate mothers. Perhaps it will bring light to why the king of the thieves turned out to be so evil.

Back on topic, this would mean that Komue and Kotake would have to reside in Skyloft, maybe on a certain island all by their lonesome or maybe even as magic teachers in Link's school.

i like the idea of them being Magic Teachers at Link's Boarding School... that's actually a really cool and creative idea. ^^

Hmm...that would be cool, creative, and different. It would also be a mindfreak if they originated from Skyloft, 'ya know. :S It would be even more wild if they made an appearance in the game and had ties to Lord Ghirahim and the proposed others.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Hmm...that would be cool, creative, and different. It would also be a mindfreak if they originated from Skyloft, 'ya know. :S It would be even more wild if they made an appearance in the game and had ties to Lord Ghirahim and the proposed others.
yeah, i was thinking that too. i think they might actually tie in with Ghirahim. i mean, i was thinking this becuz of Ghirahim's ears. they're pointed, like a Hylian. Koume and Kotake's ears are pointed, even though they're Gerudo. i think they might have ties in some way. and who knows, maybe the proposed others might be all The Gerudos, or a clan of evil Deities... but i'm getting off-topic... :sweat:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'd like to see them back but they are Gerudo and It depends if the Gerudo race exists in SS. If so they could reveal the origins of ganondorf

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom