• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Korok

Scribear

Your Best Friend (rupee free)
korok1.JPG

What do you guys make of these first few lines? Any significance or just overthinking it?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm the happiest Korok ever! Can I give you a little something?

What he's saying is that he wants to shove that little stick in Link's ear and initiate Mind Control. If you ever played Dead Space you'll know what I'm talking about. :^)

Well, Kokiri were referred to as fairy children, and there is old folklore that said that only children could see fairies, so perhaps the same applies to Kokiri, and therefore Korok.
Link is likely special in that he can still see them as an adult... probably either due to his magical connections, or having been raised by Kokiri in a past life.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Well, Kokiri were referred to as fairy children, and there is old folklore that said that only children could see fairies, so perhaps the same applies to Kokiri, and therefore Korok.
Kokiri can definitely be seen by normal people. Everyone in Castle Town referred to Link as a "Forest kid". He was actually Hylian, but the fact that they called him that means to them he looked like a Kokiri, so that means Kokiri can be seen. If Koroks in BotW can't normally be seen by people, it's for a reason unique to this game.

Scribear

or having been raised by Kokiri in a past life.
This was what I was wondering. If this was a connection to OoT and that Link (or this Link [rip Vita]) being raised with the Kokori

it's for a reason unique to this game.
What I expect the real answer to be. Something that we'll just have to wait. But I was hoping maybe someone saw a connection I couldn't. The fact that they seem somewhat surprised by Link being able to see them intrigues me.

Kokiri can definitely be seen by normal people. Everyone in Castle Town referred to Link as a "Forest kid". He was actually Hylian, but the fact that they called him that means to them he looked like a Kokiri, so that means Kokiri can be seen. If Koroks in BotW can't normally be seen by people, it's for a reason unique to this game.
Just because they know what they look like does not mean they can see them... they'd all been children at one point, so they could have seen them when they were younger, or simply know what they look like from stories told by those who had seen them.

To be fair, they're not visible until Link specifically finds the single location they're in and they reveal themselves, meaning that, by default, they aren't visible to him without a bit of initiative on Link's part.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
It's already confirmed that the Koroks give a collectable item (like Gold Skullutas). There are something like 900 Koroks scattered throughout the world and are probably largely hidden and camouflaged. I'm sure you can trade certain amounts for items somewhere.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Just because they know what they look like does not mean they can see them... they'd all been children at one point, so they could have seen them when they were younger, or simply know what they look like from stories told by those who had seen them.
The Kokiri are not surprised when adult Link, a Hylian, can see them and talk to them. And they're partying with everyone in the end credits. There's nothing that remotely suggests normal people can't see them.

Scribear

There's nothing that remotely suggests normal people can't see them.

Which is why I find this [screenshot] interesting as well. BotW it does seem to somewhat suggest that normal people can't see them by the few lines...maybe.

I'm probably trying to dig too much out of a few lines though.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Which is why I find this [screenshot] interesting as well. BotW it does seem to somewhat suggest that normal people can't see them by the few lines...maybe.

I'm probably trying to dig too much out of a few lines though.
I just think he's supposed to be well-hidden.

The Kokiri are not surprised when adult Link, a Hylian, can see them and talk to them. And they're partying with everyone in the end credits. There's nothing that remotely suggests normal people can't see them.
The Kokiri had been under the protection of the Deku Tree, which may well have been the source of the magic that kept them hidden from adult view, but it had died by the time Link returned as an adult, so they may have become aware that they were visible to adults by that point.
This could also explain why Link can see the Korok in BotW... as it seems he had met the Deku Tree before the events of BotW, so it may have allowed him to see them as a result.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The Kokiri had been under the protection of the Deku Tree, which may well have been the source of the magic that kept them hidden from adult view, but it had died by the time Link returned as an adult, so they may have become aware that they were visible to adults by that point.
This could also explain why Link can see the Korok in BotW... as it seems he had met the Deku Tree before the events of BotW, so it may have allowed him to see them as a result.
There is literally nothing that hints at them being hidden from adult view, anywhere. You've been giving nothing but your own conjecture, do you have any evidence that makes you think this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom