• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kokiri=Monkeys?

Okay, I was starting a new file on TP when I thought of something, what if the Kokiri have evolved into the monkeys in TP. I mean, I believe that the Faron Woods is the Kokiri Forest and that the Forest Temple is the Deku Tree(cause how many other giant trees in Hyrule are there?). So, this fits in perfectly. Here are some reasons:

1. In the AT the Kokiri evolved into the Koroks so maybe when the Kokiri Forest started to change on the CT they evolved into monkeys.
2. They live inside the what is believed to be the Great Deku Tree.
3. There's 8 monkeys and I think there's 8 Kokiri in OoT.

Like always, tell me what you think!:)

Austin

Austin
Eh, I doubt it. Remember, both the Kokiri and the Zora evolved into the Koroks and Rito respectively because it was necessary in order to adapt to the new world. I can't think of any significant reason as to why the Kokiri would be forced to change into monkeys.

I mean, I believe that the Faron Woods is the Kokiri Forest and that the Forest Temple is the Deku Tree(cause how many other giant trees in Hyrule are there?).
There's a rather large tree right above Lake Hylia in TP.

Austin

Austin
No they haven't. Monkeys in TP weren't the first time you saw monkeys in LoZ. In MM there are a group of monkeys, very similar to the ones in Twilight Princess. In fact, one could say they are the same minus the graphic changes. The Monkeys in MM existed during the same time as the Kokiri did. Therefor it wouldn't be possible for Kokiri to evolve into monkeys.

Looking back at OoT, the Kokiki were pretty rare and unseen by most Hylians. Link being the only exception because he grew up with the Kokiri. If you look at TP, Link isn't part of the Kokiri but lives with regular Hylians. Therefore, it wouldn't be too difficult to say that Link (we) won't see any Kokiri. I'm more or less would say that Orodona would be near the realm where Link falls down and is telaported to Termina. Simple because to the forest dungeon in TP and the ToT. There are really deep cliffs where if Link had fallen, he would die.

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
I think that the monkeys could be the Kokiri. They could have transformed as a result of a lack of Deku Tree. I believe (I am not certain) that on the CT, the Deku sprout had not yet grown in OoT, and even if it had, it could have been killed in some way (as its predecessor had been). Without the magic of the Deku Tree, I believe it is possible for the Kokiri to be transformed into monkeys.

To adress the MM monkeys, we know that Termina is parallel to OoT Hyrule. In Termina, there were no Kokiri, nor was there a Deku Tree (that could be found). There were monkeys. The connection is apparent.

PureLocke

A Hero of Time
The Deku tree sprout would have grown as Ganondorf had not obtained the Triforce and cursed the temples yet. The reason the Kokiri didn't appear in Twilight Princess is most likely the move from a fantasy setting to a more technological/sci-fi=magic thing with the Occoco or as pointed out before, they don't like humans or Hylians that they don't already know.

Edit: Durion, it isn't the theory of evolution, it takes some concepts but anything making it a theory is stripped away with the addition of magic. As well, de-evolution doesn't exist, simply evolving into a hardier form is surviving, increasing complexity is not a requirement. Also, the timeframe the proposed "evolution" occurs is several million years too short.

Last edited:
I'm going to state that I don't believe that the Kokiri evolved into the Monkey's in Twilgith Princess. As far as I know the Zora and Kokiri evolve into the Rito and Korok's. This is as Hyrule was flooded severely, therefore, they needed to evolve into the Rito and Korok's due to needing to survive, as there state as Zora's and Kokiri wasn't adapted to this new enviroment, they needed to change to do so, it's the theory of evolution.

However, the Kokiri had no reason to evolve in the transition of Ocarina of Time to Twilight Princess, between Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker, most of the entire land was flooded, with only the highest peaks remaining, it changed the environment greatly and every living creature needed to adapt, however, in between Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, nothing really happens. The Kokiri had no reason to evolve and the Zora's still exist as themselves, as do the Goron's. Infact, the idea of the Kokiri evolving into monkey's is suggesting that they are going through evolution, but in the wrong direction, de-evolution. It would mean that for some reason they've adapted to not need built structure's to live in and to talk like in Ocarina of Time.

In my opinion, as you can see, due to my scientific beliefs, I personally think that the Kokiri are either not native to the forest that we see in Twilight Princess (or the fact they are not native to this Hyrule if you believe each and every Hyrule are different), or just simply don't make an appearance. I think that it's too strange for the Kokri to evolve into a less capable and intelligent species than what they currently were.

O

OrlovYan

If were at it, why the zoras evolved into the rito?After all their full name is SEA zoras.

Last edited by a moderator:

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
I really don't want to destroy your idea, but no, I really don't think that's possible, you see, the monkeys were in MM too, the "link is still a child time" in OoT take places not so far then MM time so there's no way that the kokiri evolved into monkeys because the kokiri and the monkeys lived in the same time, that just don't make any sense.
the monkeys and the kokiri are different species and that's all, the kokiri most have been evolve into different creatures or maybe they just became existent? oh that'll be sad.

O

OrlovYan

No, I really don't think that's possible, you see, the monkeys were in MM too, the "link is still a child time" in OoT take places not so far then MM time so there's no way that the kokiri evolved into monkeys because the kokiri and the monkeys lived in the same time, that just don't make any since.
I think the MM monkies are irrelevent to here, don't forget that MM takes place in another dimension, and things are a bit diffrent there then in Hyrule(humans are far more advanced and sea zoras actually live in the sea).

Ralis

Prince of the Zoras
Well, think. He could be right. I mean, kind of makes sense. And PJDEP, the kokiri only transformedinto the koroks if you beleive that OoT branched off into WW. We're talking about if it branched off into TP. (which either would make sense) So, basicly, Hero of Time probably is right, even though myn and his side is getting a low number of votes.

A

Almo SSBB

another confusing topic as usual. idoubt that they evovled into monkeys. something probably happend to them. many races in TP are not there including kokiri, deku shrubs, the gerudo (i think they are actually midnas race in the twilight relm as it makes sence, but i really dont want to explain now) rito and koroks ( which i think arent there because of the split time line, in which the evolution thepry makes sence because in tp there was no flood and they did not need to evolve) and thats all i can think of. they might be hiding deep in the woods as we only saw 1 skull kid near the temple of time which was hidden in the woods. anyway, i dont know and i doubt anyone will know unless we ask shigeru miyamoto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom