• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kokiri>Korok

Yes, it definite that the Koroks are evolutions of the Kokiri, or maybe when all the other Kokiri died, the great Deku tree decided to create them differently. But it wouldn't make sense that the Deku sprout in OoT would be the Deku tree in WW, because (as Inflexus said) the Kokiri forest was on level ground, not a mountain or something. So maybe the Goddesses used thier power to move the Deku tree onto higher ground, which later became the forest haven.

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
I got confused and forgot some of the things i was saying o_O So just whatever, the kokiri did evolve into the koroks(even though i don't believe the sort)

Yes, that was clearly stated in Wind Waker when they were introduced, I believe. Both groups were referred to as "forest children".

And at you, Blackice, that was the explanation I believe. It is the most rational and it isn't any kind of stretch to believe it.

However the Koroks can freely leave the forest, which the Kokiri could not. I would wonder what allows them to do so, or if that was only a myth used to keep them safe from the dangers in Hyrule Field in Ocarina of Time. I'm a bit rusty with my 64, so I forgot the terms of the "curse" that kept them forest-bound.

Yea im preaty shur the Deku tree in WW is the Deku sprout in OoT.
He says they are his children and once took the forms of Humans (kokiri)
They are magical beings and it would make alot more sence to me if they were orginaly Korok's as they are the deku's children, turn into to kokiri for whatever reason (raising link perhaps) and turned into Koroks again later. Im not saying they can change on the spot. But when the need comes they can change.

Never finished WW so something might turn up later idk.

Yea im preaty shur the Deku tree in WW is the Deku sprout in OoT.
He says they are his children and once took the forms of Humans (kokiri)
They are magical beings and it would make alot more sence to me if they were orginaly Korok's as they are the deku's children, turn into to kokiri for whatever reason (raising link perhaps) and turned into Koroks again later. Im not saying they can change on the spot. But when the need comes they can change.

Never finished WW so something might turn up later idk.

Well, no offense Matthew, but I think that theory is a little bit of a stretch. the most likely thing would be that the form of the Korok's was more convenient in a flooded Hyrule than the form of the Kokiri.

You know how in the Cheesewaker, the koroks are the kokiri? And how the kokiri are never age? Well then are the koroks in the cheesewaker the same kokiri in ocarina of cheese? If they are then can you match up what koroks are which kokiri?
Cheese?

Anyway yes the Kokiri are the Korok. I'm fairly certain the Deku Tree says that the Korok used to have human forms in TWW.

Yes the deku tree said that.

Anyways, I just met the Wind sage in WW and its a kikori, and the whole desndent and instrament deal leads to that one korok (forgot his name)

so that their proves koroks are decedents of Kikori

Leix

Error
Indeeeed it would be more convenient. The Koroks can FLY. Kokiri can't. Flood? Koroks fly around to do stuff, like oh I don't know, plant the next generation of the Great Deku Tree. Kokiri? They drown. They do lose immortality when they leave the forest...and then drown.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
I think the whole "leave the forest and you die" was a white lie the Deku Tree told the Kokiri, seeing as Mido was seen on Lon Lon Ranch during the credits.

Anyway, it seems pretty cut and dry to me. The flood comes, the Deku Tree creates a haven for the forest, creatively called Forest Haven, and decides to change the forms of his children.

Lets not overthink this.

Moosh_is_cool

Still a Moosh fan!
images
kokori

images
korok

notice a similarity?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
The Deku Tree said that the Korok once took on human form.
How much more proof do you need?

AND the sage in WW who is a kokori says that one of the koroks is his descendant. he says that actual name of the korok but i forgot his name but nonetheless, a kokori says that a korok is his descendant, the deku tree says that they used to have a different form, they are trying to regrow a forest, and some of them live with the deku tree and they all worship him...sounds an awful lot like the kokori in OoT...

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
You know how in the Cheesewaker, the koroks are the kokiri? And how the kokiri are never age? Well then are the koroks in the cheesewaker the same kokiri in ocarina of cheese? If they are then can you match up what koroks are which kokiri?

What do you call tp? Cheese Princess or Twilight Cheese? Anywho the koroks are not the same as the kokiri but rather an evolved form of the kokiri. I'll leave it at that.

Why bring up evolution at all? We're talking about a FANTASY game about MAGIC. I find it more humorous, than serious...

Picori-->Kokiri-->Koroks. Done. Over with.

Zora-->Rito. Done. Batta bing, badda boom.

That's all the simpler you have to be.

Are they the same? Nope. Nothing points to that at all. They don't even share the same names as any in OoT (except Fado, but Fado was a girl in OoT, and he's obviously male in WW).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom