• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

knowing medical issues before they happen?

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
would you wanna know if you're gonna get, for example, cancer or Alzheimers when you're young or not and why?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Diseases are almost always best treated when caught in the early stage. Parkinson's is only diagnosed once the disease has progressed significantly for instance because the symptoms only show up later on. Knowing it was coming you could be checked regularly for the earliest onset and begin treatment immediately before symptoms occur.

Many cancers can also usually be treated really well when caught early so absolutely yes I'd want to know what diseases I will get so I can prepare to get them treated in advance and have a high chance of surviving them.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I think everyone would want to know as soon as possible, because there is a better chance to combat whatever ailment you might get. If it's something uncurable, knowing as soon as possible could also increase your quality of life - if you don't have much time you may as well savor every day you do have.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I would've loved to get my autism diagnosis when I was like 6, like most of my friends did. Instead I got it when I was 21 and had to suffer without extra help and in regular school classes for my entire upbringing, which was hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom