• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kirby's Epic Yarn

Epwna

The epic turnip king
So, people must have heard about this. The new Kirby game for the Wii. Although by the trailer shown at E3 made me think it could be a DS game, still I LOVE the graphics. It seems really fun and a reccomendable game. What do you guys think?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I think the game should get some touch-ups, and I really want to know why Kirby is in a Yarn universe. Every Kirby game has a story, like Canvas Curse for example. The main villain turns Kirby into a ball, and then he has to go PWN that villain. The game looks fun, although I can't say it is a big release, other than the fact that it is the FIRST Kirby console game since Air Ride.

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
the graphics and style somehow make me think of little big planet.

This.

I think the game looks beautiful with a kind of story-book quirkyness to it. It really reminds me of Yoshi's Story, a game which I have very fond memories of. I love the textures and drop shadows seen in this world, and gameplay seems very fluid. Not to mention... Kirby is freaking adorable, especially as a spaceship :3

It reminds me of Kirby's Dreamland 3 graphically. That game was colored pencil stylish. This is yarn and looks similar to that. But, I have observed this: Kirby doesn't absorb his powers from enemies. If you notice, there's no shown enemy that's a penguin, car, or giant robot. However, his lasso seems like a whip, so it may be an attack.

Beeker

Wild Card
I lol'd when i heard the title, but it still looks really fun, the graphics and style somehow make me think of little big planet.

I actually did too, probably because of the yarn/ fabric art style. It really looks like an awesome game, and I'll probably play it when it comes out.

And Hylian Pants, you are right. The only word to explain Kirby is : ADORABLE.:)

onilink17

onilink17
Ummmmm Not much i can say about it other than it looks like something i buy my little sister, but i dont think i would ever play it. :(

Ummmmm Not much i can say about it other than it looks like something i buy my little sister, but i dont think i would ever play it. :(

Ah, but graphics don't make everything. Don't we all know that? Didn't the hulking robot look somewhat impressive?

I can only assume you aren't a Kirby fan, because Kirby is a game series for all ages. It's cute for little kids (such as your aforementioned little sister), and very challenging/fun for hardcore gamers. Hope that made you think a bit.

I wonder what's up with all the stupid titles that Nintendo has been thinking up lately.... it's really giving off a bad rep.

But other than that, this looks pretty solid. I've followed Kirby closely on the DS, and I've enjoyed the majority of the games mainly because of the powerups that are so cool. The graphics do look REALLY weird, but I guess that's Nintendo's new goal now, and for Kirby, I don't have any complaints, since it truly is about the game play and nothing else in that series. Plus you guys are right; Kirby's just too freaking adorable to not give him a chance....

Mute

一員
At first, I thought, "Oh, another Kirby game. I guess I'll give it a buy." But then I watched a little more of the trailer and saw how you could move the background at certain points to progress, it was almost like you were walking across a rug with yarn on it, which I thought was pretty neat. Along with how different it looked while still being Kirby. I've always been a Kirby fan, but this is one of the games that, when I stopped watching the trailer, I noticed I had a smile on my face, it just looked so cheerful and unique, in a good way. To tell the truth, the first thing that came to mind was Paper Mario and how the idea is slightly similar. Although, that could just be me. Plus, the yarn aspect just seems different enough to be new and fresh, and to give a different feel to the series.

I usually look forward to most new Kirby games and this one is no different. I'm probably going to try to get the game as soon as I possibly can.

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
I'm definitely buying it once it comes out.
It looks super adorable, and the whole yarn concept is going to make the gameplay so freaking creative.
I love Kirby games. =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom