• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kirby: Triple Deluxe Discussion Thread

Fig

The Altruist
With just a few months before Kirby: Triple Deluxe arrives in North America, I'd figure that a discussion thread about the upcoming Kirby would be rather proper. As most of us know, Kirby Triple Deluxe is the first Kirby game on the 3DS. If you are a huge Kirby fan or a newcomer to the serious, Triple Deluxe will be a great to begin and enjoy by both members of the community. With its release in Japan back in January 11th, the game has been given positive reviews, scores, and feedback. I know it is a bit of a stretch, but I think Kirby Triple Deluxe will increase sales significantly for the 3DS and the game itself. If you haven't been keep up with the game and what it provides, do not fret as this the whole purpose of this thread to discuss all the latest information and detail on the upcoming title in the Kirby franchise. Kirby: Triple Deluxe will be available to North America on May 2nd and May 16th in Europe. :kirby:

Official Site: Kirby: Triple Deluxe
Kirby Wikia: Kirby: Triple Deluxe Wikia

Introduction & Opening:
[video=youtube;OZfhOl5dAu4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZfhOl5dAu4[/video]

Title Screen:
[video=youtube;wTgLqLlE9zE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTgLqLlE9zE[/video]

Abilities:
Circus Kirby: All Ballon Animals (Easter Egg)
Sniper Kirby: All Fake Scenery (Easter Egg)

Minigames:
Kirby Fighter Battle Mode (Gameplay - Japanese 3DS)
Dedede's Drum Dash (Gameplay - Japanese 3DS)

Gameplay, Analyses, Discussions, & Screenshots:
Nintendo Direct Revealment
Kirby: Triple Deluxe Gameplay Analysis (Secrets & Hidden Details!)
Kirby: Triple Deluxe Discussion Thoughts & Impressions (3DS Video Preview)
Kirby Triple Deluxe - Screenshot Slideshow
Kirby Triple Deluxe - Screenshot Analysis + Your Ideas (Secrets & Hidden Details)
Kirby Triple Deluxe - New Japanese Gameplay Footage (Nintendo 3DS)
Kirby Triple Deluxe Analysis: Japanese Gameplay & Screenshots (Secrets & Hidden Details)
Kirby Triple Deluxe - New Gameplay Revealed! (Nintendo Direct 12/18/13)
Kirby Triple Deluxe Analysis: Nintendo Direct Gameplay (Secrets & Hidden Details)
hKirby Triple Deluxe Discussion - Thoughts & Impressions (Nintendo Direct Trailer)
Kirby: Triple Deluxe - Level 1-1 (Gameplay - Japanese 3DS)
Kirby: Triple Deluxe - Level 1-2 (Gameplay - Japanese 3DS)
Kirby: Triple Deluxe - Level 1-3 (Gameplay - Japanese 3DS)
Kirby: Triple Deluxe - Game & Watch (30-Minute Video Preview)
Kirby: Triple Deluxe - 4th World Boss Battle (Gameplay - Japanese 3DS)

Last edited:

Sheik

:the:
Oh man, the game comes out on my birthday! I'm not much of a Kirby fan, though, and all I really want for my birthday is some money to save up for a Wii U. But yeah, maybe if I'm feeling it :P

Game looks awesome, btw. Super Smash Kirby looks awesome!!

Fig

The Altruist
Thanks Fig, I'm surprised no one has started a thread for this game yet.

Yes I noticed this for quite some time. I made this thread because I believe that Triple Deluxe deserves just as much conversation as much as Tropical Freeze or Mario Kart 8. I will add more information starting tomorrow or later on this evening. I just need someone to discuss about this game as soon as possible! ^^

Oh man, the game comes out on my birthday! I'm not much of a Kirby fan, though, and all I really want for my birthday is some money to save up for a Wii U. But yeah, maybe if I'm feeling it :P

Game looks awesome, btw. Super Smash Kirby looks awesome!!

Nice! I hope you will give this game a try because I'm very certain that this game will sell like hotcakes! Happy earlier Birthday! =D

Hm. So Meta Knight isn't playable it looks like? This makes me a little sad.

Anyway, I was indifferent to Triple Deluxe upon reveal. The last Kirby game I played was Epic Yarn, and the last traditional Kirby I played was Squeak Squad. They were both really casual experiences and caused me to develop apathy toward the series. However, as time went on, Triple Deluxe was seeming more and more creative, and since I've gone without Kirby for years, I'm actually finding myself pretty hyped for this game.

Given the 3DS's current track record, I'm sure this game will be nothing short of brilliant. I'm loving the foreground-background mechanics, the art style, and the Battle Mode looks incredibly fun. Additionally, from what I understand, there is a way to play through a harder version of the game as King Dedede, which is much appreciated.

Day one purchase for me.

Fig

The Altruist
Nintendo Game Overview video link:
Game Overview for Kirby: Triple Deluxe

Nintendo has now posted a Game Overview complete with details and video on what to expect in Kirby: Triple Deluxe. Pictures have now been provided as well in the link and will be posted in the spoiler tab below. Not only that but, now you can pre-order you very own copy from retailers. Here's the Game Overview that Nintendo posted:

yOOwxRcYsrmFq4QDNw15yWpBrHSx4wMx.jpg

Bc32kMp2KZM_e4y9qHgXD9yuCIptc3cP.jpg

o7HxudeABSM7oRF4SBeKoDK77Ue1nJXe.jpg

N69Vtk8E82Lse8DI_g-1mHFk1psfPhpW.jpg

DyoscCDTKdiy-Uc2qNfE_jEcltCV-tk0.jpg

0dMZNMvn8cgTR1AY9iBMorIIHVClBZDP.jpg

p5i6iMAtSEJLWiZWHQv4ql_3fQyt40HX.jpg

CveNIV6BXkNWaOBWQ_crksFl2mWW4V4q.jpg

_Dq7iU9xI12nA7sXmvddcHBc7_oaxTPP.jpg

MhB4fZA1TJBvX7bA7HzwfxU57mRYpIPG.jpg

bq9NW1pNudF_oF0ZWiLWNzDIGjGY2BVc.jpg

Nintendo said:
Pink? Check. Puffy? Check. Powerful? You have no idea. Devour trees, obstacles, and huge chunks of stages with Kirby’s Hypernova ability and inhale enemies to copy epic new moves like Archer. It’s a grand new Kirby™ adventure PLUS a new multiplayer battle mode, Kirby Fighters!*

When a mysterious being kidnaps King Dedede atop a giant Dreamstalk, only Kirby can save the day! Jump from the foreground to the background in dynamic 3D side-scrolling environments while using new and returning copy abilities to defeat enemies. Duke it out in Kirby Fighters, a fierce 4-player* battle mode where you fight using a chosen ability like Sword or Ninja. The last Kirby standing reigns supreme. Whether you’re new to Kirby or an old fan, the Kirby: Triple Deluxe game offers a triple threat—action, adventure, and a battle mode!

• Kirby's powerful copy ability returns, allowing him to inhale, spit and transform
  • Jump from the foreground to the background in dynamic 3D side-scrolling levels
  • Employ new and returning abilities, including:
  • Archer - Kirby wields a bow to strike silently from a distance
  • Beetle - Kirby grabs foes with his horn and slams them into the ground
  • Fire - Kirby can roll into a fireball and scorch through the air
  • Sword - Kirby dons a green cap and wields a sword
  • Kirby’s new Hypernova ability lets him inhale obstacles and big chunks of levels!
  • Use the Download Play feature to duke it out in Kirby Fighters, a fierce battle mode for up to 4 players*! You can also sharpen your skills by playing solo
  • Enjoy a selection of additional game modes including Dedede’s Drum Dash and Arena
  • Collect hidden keychains in every level, each resembling legacy Kirby characters
  • Unlock improved items and new keychains by using the StreetPass™ function to tag other players

*Additional systems are required for multiplayer mode; sold separately.
To enjoy the 3D effect of Nintendo 3DS software, you must experience it from the system itself. All screenshots and videos on this website have been captured in 2D mode. Use Parental Controls to restrict 3D mode for children 6 and under.

Honestly, Kirby Triple Deluxe is looking better and better with every passing day! I can't wait to pre-order my copy right now! Kirby fans unite! :kirby:

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I have Triple Deluxe and IT. IS. AWESOME. ----[you can get it from Amazon-JP import]
I love the new power ups, and I am SO GLAD I have a JPN 3DS to play it on.

I'm working my way through... I think I'm on world 4 or so...

Oh, ALSO! if anybody want's to ask me questions, I can tell you stuff about it. :)
As long as it happens within the area I have been to :sweat:

(I mean, I haven't beaten it yet, but I've played it some)

--
OH and you forgot the Beetle ability.
(I like that one) :D

Last edited:
Has there been a release date announced for the UK? I want this game for my Nintendo 3DS library, but I haven't exactly followed it closely.

Fig

The Altruist
I have Triple Deluxe and IT. IS. AWESOME. ----[you can get it from Amazon-JP import]
I love the new power ups, and I am SO GLAD I have a JPN 3DS to play it on.

I'm working my way through... I think I'm on world 4 or so...

Oh, ALSO! if anybody want's to ask me questions, I can tell you stuff about it. :)
As long as it happens within the area I have been to :sweat:

(I mean, I haven't beaten it yet, but I've played it some)

--
OH and you forgot the Beetle ability.
(I like that one) :D

Oooh Nice! I didn't know you had a Japanese 3DS as not everyone has that chance/offer to get one! I really do hoep that you are enjoying the game at the current moment! As for for the Beetle ability, I didn't forget as I stated it right here! ^^ :
Fig said:
Nintendo said:
Beetle - Kirby grabs foes with his horn and slams them into the ground

Hope you are having a great time in your play-through of Kirby: Triple Deluxe! ^^

Has there been a release date announced for the UK? I want this game for my Nintendo 3DS library, but I haven't exactly followed it closely.

The European release of Kirby: Triple Deluxe will be on May 16. I'll update the OP so that our European members will also get to see it! Thanks for asking! =D

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Oooh Nice! I didn't know you had a Japanese 3DS as not everyone has that chance/offer to get one! I really do hoep that you are enjoying the game at the current moment! As for for the Beetle ability, I didn't forget as I stated it right here! ^^ :
Oh, I was looking at the top post, whoops :sweat:
(And I also forgot to mention the Bell ability as well)

Anyway, yes! I am! :D
I would enjoy the game more, if Pokemon Y wasn't my main focus right now xD
I'm only in the 5th area, 3rd stage... I want to beat it before US release! (so that way I can play it from start to finish again!)
And I think it has great replay value! :3

--yeah, because so far, the new abilities I've seen so far are Beetle, Bell, Circus, and Sniper/Archer. I haven't come across any other new ones. ...yet

I AM disappointed a little though on the Spike/Needle ability. They removed the rolling that Return To Dreamland had. RtD modified the Needle ability so that you could roll around and I thought that was the BEST part! But, they changed it. :/ ...at least they kept the giant spike move. I liked that a lot.

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
GameXplain's Kirby Triple Deluxe: Preview Discussion - Thoughts & Impressions (3DS)
[video=youtube;W5Vi0Kc7r54]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5Vi0Kc7r54[/video]

Fig

The Altruist
Nintendo 3DS - Kirby: Triple Deluxe - Oh Kirby, You're So Silly Trailer
[video=youtube;cso6-0nMBXw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cso6-0nMBXw[/video]

Fig

The Altruist
Nintendo 3DS - Kirby: Triple Deluxe - Wow Kirby, You're Sure Exciting Trailer
[video=youtube;E5hjbk1oFlA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5hjbk1oFlA[/video]

Dan

Had no idea about this game what so ever. Not sure how I missed it. Kirby games are always good fun so I'll have to get this at some point, most likely at the end of the systems life when I can get a cheap second hand copy, Nintendo games always stay a steady high. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom