• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kirby Fighters 2

Why though, honestly, why?

This started out as a mini game on Triple Deluxe, which was then was expanded into a stand alone 3DS game, which was then expanded again onto the Switch and now it is being expanded again.

Sure, there's a lot of stuff here, as a Kirby fan I enjoy the references, but this is clearly a placeholder title in an attempt to keep Kirby annual while Covid ****s things up and HAL works in the next real game.

Such an unnecessary game, which hurts to say because I love Kirby, but his fighting games have never been much fun.

£17.99, too. Just, no.

Last edited:

Magolor04726

Hum dee doo
Well, I'm just glad Magolor is in.

And one of my friends says that it's better than BWD in Smash, which is really something considering he's the editor-in-chief of the WiKirby.

BackSet

No, you're not the one...
Camp Half-Blood, Half-Blood Hill, Farm Road 3.141
I was going to make an entire thread for this but then I realized that made no real sense when you thought about it and on most forums would just wind up being merged with this thread.

Anyway, because I have no life I have decided that Kirby Fighters 2 deserves a meta. Knowing nothing about fighting game meta I just stole this from a commenter on Youtube named OrangeToadGamer2005 who copied it from a different Youtube commenter named Wisdom v3. So, without further to do, the official unofficial, probably totally needs work, Kirby Fighters 2 meta!

The official unofficial ruleset for Kirby fighters:
Handicap:
Normal
Ghosts: off
Hazards: disabled
Items: disabled
Revival boost: disabled

Legal Stages:
Training
Stage of destined rivals
Gigavolt
Green gardens
Gourmet go go
Butter building
Factory tour
Bubbly clouds
Dyna Blade’s nest
Springy hand land
Jambastion entrance
Empyrean
Fountain of dreams

Counter picks:
Dried-up sea
Coo’s forest
Waddle Dee train tracks
Dedede arena

Banned stages:
Castle Lololo

(If you ask me, Butter Building should also be banned because I think the spin effect still happens even with hazards off and good god is it annoying)

And a tier list too, obviously not based on any real data both because who's actually going to put together a Kirby Fighters 2 tournament and the game hasn't been out that long:

S Tier
Gooey
Beetle Kirby

A Tier
Archer Kirby
Sword Kirby
Artist Kirby

B Tier
Whip Kirby
Water Kirby
Wrestler Kirby
Cutter Kirby
Hammer Kirby

C Tier
Yo-Yo Kirby
Fighter Kirby
Bandana Waddle Dee
Parasol Kirby
King Dedede
Staff Kirby
Beam Kirby
Ninja Kirby

F Tier
Bell Kirby
Magalor
Meta Knight
Bomb Kirby

(Never thought I'd live in a world where Meta Knight is considered bottom tier but here we are. Also Bomb Kirby sucking was basically foregone.)

This may need work, it may not but I figured putting it out there was a good idea.

Magolor04726

Hum dee doo
This started out as a mini game on Triple Deluxe, which was then was expanded into a stand alone 3DS game, which was then expanded again onto the Switch and now it is being expanded again.
Actually, it was a sub-game, then a small game for 3DS, then came this. Super Kirby Clash came from Team Kirby Clash Deluxe, which in turn came from a sub-game in Robobot.

I got it, it definitely is fun. (The Wrestler ability rules! It's like Smash Bros, but it's different in every possible way.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom