• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kirby and the Forgotten Land is such a feel-good game!

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I realized this while playing the game today. I'm currently in the ice world, and it just hit me that this game just feels nice, good and cozy to play. It reminds me a lot of a Gamecube-game in it's design, and that just takes me back to my childhood. The game is easy, but still interesting, with many little secrets that aren't too hard to find. It's very comforting to play it.
Do you guys have this game, and what are your thoughts on it?
Or do you have other games that gives you a similar feeling to this?

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I’ve already stated my full opinions on the game in the “Rate the Last Game that You Played” thread, so I’ll try to keep it slightly more brief.

I enjoyed my time with this game enough to 100% it. It is quite easily the most fun that I’ve ever had with a Kirby game. That being said, I have the same issues with it that I do with most other Kirby games, and that is that it never does anything to really stand out.

The entire reason this game exists is that “Kirby hasn’t gotten a 3D game before.” It’s a step forward for the franchise not because they had a vision to make a new experience, but because they felt obligated to finally make a 3D game a good 20 years after they realistically should’ve. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, but the entire game feels like it exists to be compared to other 3D platformers, or even other Kirby games.

Honestly, most of the things I enjoyed about forgotten land have absolutely nothing to do with the fact that it’s in 3D.

Now to be fair, I’m absolutely certain that the game being in 3D makes it far more fun than if it wasn’t, and the games marketing doesn’t really make a big deal of the fact that it’s the first 3D game, but that’s definitely the vibe I get from it.

Like I said, it’s easily the most fun I’ve ever had with a Kirby game, but one that I feel is completely shattered if you compare it to most other recent platformers.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
My first Kirby game ever and I love it! The bosses are funny and cool, the little secrets are so much fun and I love the Waddle Dees! I keep on waving at them. Currently I'm at the origin level it's called or something. I need to fight the boss and prevend being caged all the time. Really love this game and don't regret buying it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom