• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kinect Kinect Kinect

Kinect people Kinect i keep seeing it everywhere is Microsoft really trying so hard to push it into us?, earlier today i saw signs advertizing Kinect at convenient store, how random really, as if they didn't mention Kinect enough during E3, Kinect isn't that bad but Microsft doesn't need to shove it into our brains

Zorato

"Frocobo says die!"
I hate the Kinect. I feel it should go burn in a hole. Its a copy of the wii, it's just microsoft trying to get casual gamer to get an xbox. My friends owns one, it sucks, and you look stupid while playing it.

I hate the Kinect. I feel it should go burn in a hole. Its a copy of the wii, it's just microsoft trying to get casual gamer to get an xbox. My friends owns one, it sucks, and you look stupid while playing it.

my brother has one and the only game i found it fun with was Sonic Free Riders, but i may only be saying that cause i pushed myself to get good at it and i managed to do so

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
They aren't really shoving anything into our brains. It's called advertising, everyone does it. Also, it's not really a rip off of the Wii, that would be the Move. Kinect has actually one upped motion controls. Although I do admit, all the games at this point for Kinect suck. When creating Kinect and the Move, Microsoft and Sony didn't have anything in mind. They weren't thinking "hey this is a good way to improve gaming and I know how to incorporate this tech with future games". Nintendo on the other hand had ideas and actually had a vision as to how motion control can add to gaming. All Microsoft and Sony were thinking was "hey lets stall and steal some business from Nintendo so we don't rush into next gen". I for one believe that Kinect and Move should have been saved for next gen because that way, they would have time to actually use this technology and make it work for something besides bad gimmicky games. I don't know but Kinect at this point is a failure to me and even though they are making so many games that can support Kinect I feel their is some improvement to be had.

Last edited:
i have nothing against the Kinect it's being advertized in places where you wouldn't think it'd be advertized in, and the way Microsoft was about it at E3 just makes it seem like they were tying a little too hard to get people to buy it, which i can understand to add to the ads but they just make it seem like the ads were useless and they themselves are acting as the advertisements

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
I can't really agree with the idea that they're forcing the kinect onto people, mainly due to the fact that since its initial release i've barely seen any advertising for it. The PS Move was advertised more heavily upon its release and at this point in time the Wii seems to have gone back to being the main console in the spotlight.

I almost wish they would advertise the kinect a little more so I didn't have to go searching for games for it.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
i have nothing against the Kinect it's being advertized in places where you wouldn't think it'd be advertized in, and the way Microsoft was about it at E3 just makes it seem like they were tying a little too hard to get people to buy it, which i can understand to add to the ads but they just make it seem like the ads were useless and they themselves are acting as the advertisements

What!?o_O

Making games for Kinect is them trying to get people to buy Kinect which already sold millions? Kinect has a small and poor library of games so why not make more games for it. It's like saying any console is trying too hard because they keep making games for it and advertising it everywhere. And not everyone is aware or even catches up with E3 you know.

Last edited:
What!?o_O

Making games for Kinect is them trying to get people to buy Kinect which already sold millions. Kinect has a small and poor library of games so why not make more games for it. It's like saying any console is trying too hard because they keep making games for it and advertising it everywhere. And not everyone is aware or even catches up with E3 you know.

i get that, it's just that Kinect games were just about all they had to show, yea there was the occasional FPS must the mafority of it was Kinect, and it lasted a while, i know they're trying to get people to buy it by making more games but at least even it out in the confrence, ya know keep a balance of the Kinect games and the other 360 games that way everyone's happy ya know? i mean that would have been the perfect oppertunity to show Ninja Gaiden 3 but that was shown over at one of the other confrences i can't recall, but it's just an example ya know?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
i get that, it's just that Kinect games were just about all they had to show, yea there was the occasional FPS must the mafority of it was Kinect, and it lasted a while, i know they're trying to get people to buy it by making more games but at least even it out in the confrence, ya know keep a balance of the Kinect games and the other 360 games that way everyone's happy ya know? i mean that would have been the perfect oppertunity to show Ninja Gaiden 3 but that was shown over at one of the other confrences i can't recall, but it's just an example ya know?

Many games were announced and showed off. But that doesn't mean all of them were Kinect games. Sure they can support Kinect but it doesn't mean it's a Kinect exclusive. I know Microsoft's E3 was Kinect heavy, but I'm just saying, fans of Kinect and 360 or fans of both should of been happy regardless. So what if you can play a game in two ways. Does it really effect the game? I don't think so.

Red Baron

Lucius Junius Brutus
This is a funny topic. Go back 4 years and replace the word "kinect" with "Wii", and "Microsoft" with "Nintendo". Honestly guys, really? You live in a capitalist society, advertising is all around you. If you don't like the Kinect, it's easy enough to ignore. Nintendo demonstrated that there was a large untapped casual gamer market, and the other companies would be very shortsighted if they didn't try to court that market too.

This is a funny topic. Go back 4 years and replace the word "kinect" with "Wii", and "Microsoft" with "Nintendo". Honestly guys, really? You live in a capitalist society, advertising is all around you. If you don't like the Kinect, it's easy enough to ignore. Nintendo demonstrated that there was a large untapped casual gamer market, and the other companies would be very shortsighted if they didn't try to court that market too.

the wii actually wasn't advertized all that much where i live, i rarely saw anything mentioning the Wii, and i went through hell and hot water looking for one

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
They need to make more REAL games for Kinect, like have a motion-mode for a game like Final Fantasy or something. NOT more crappy casual games. I'm not interested in more sports games.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Kinect, to me, is nothing more than a glorified webcam.
I actually, truth be told, haven't seen any advertisements for the Kinect other than the occasional commercial. But advertising is just what people do. Advertising is just a part of our society. But yeah, i haven't used the Kinect, and I honestly don't want to. I mean, it's just a webcam designed for games. Their idea isn't really original, it's just a next-gen version of motion controls mixed with a webcam. But, the Kinect, I think, is just Microsoft's way of getting more casual gamers to play their games. Nintendo has learned to expand their horizons so that hardcore and casual gamers alike can play a game and enjoy it. Microsoft on the other hand needs to learn from Nintendo and reach out to hardcore players. I think the Kinect could be and will be a great thing in the future, but at the moment it's falling flat with what its got. The library is bad and it needs to reach out to a more hardcore audience.
Overall, Kinect just needs time. I'm sure it will be great eventually.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
It's a good idea that started out poor. There's no other games on it. The only games on it so far are sport games. There's no really popular video game series that are on the Kinect. They should have something like Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Sonic, Resident Evil, you get the point.

Thatlinkisaspy!

(not really)
It's a good idea that started out poor. There's no other games on it. The only games on it so far are sport games. There's no really popular video game series that are on the Kinect. They should have something like Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Sonic, Resident Evil, you get the point.

I actually thought there was a sonic game on Kinect.

On topic: I own the Wii so I have no plans for Kinect. Microsoft however wants to force kinect into our minds. Look at their E3 from this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom