• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Killing Beast Ganon: Blood or No Blood.

Blood or no blood?

• YAY! Blood!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No blood. keep it clean.

• Couldn't care less.

• Total voters

DLC

Soul Drummer.
In the original Ocarina of time there was blood when you killed Beast ganon but that was removed in later re-releases. D you want it? or no? I want it. and with the e10+ they might allow it.

Mthegreat

Long Time, No See.
well truly, i really couldnt care less if they did but i hope they dont over do it if they'll put blood

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
YAY! Blood!

That isn't my actual reaction, but I still picked that choice. As to why...

I believe implementing red blood instead of green/blue blood is better, because it adds more of a sense of realism, which I like. Shout "objection" all you like; I know Legend of Zelda is a fantasy game series. That doesn't, and won't, change my opinion.

WulfLink

Hero of Legends
I'd prefer blood,, mostly because it adds a sense of realism, as Azure Sage said. I'm sure most would do as Sage said they would, but where's the fun in a fantasy series when there's no realism tied in??

I did want to see blood at first after finding out there was blood in the first OoT cartridge (Ganon/dorf part). Now, not so much. I couldn't care less.

WulfLink

Hero of Legends
My point exactly; when realism is implemented, the game just seems better.

Agreed. :) Realism, in my opinion, is the foundation for most fantasy/fiction series. Look at the Kingdom Hearts series! (Great series, btw. Nothin next to Zelda, but a great series nontheless. :D) Who here can tell me that there are no traces of realism in those games??

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Although I am more on the mature side (or so some people say), I do have a concern with blood being inputted into a Zelda game because I'm one of the many people who grew up with playing Legend of Zelda and feel that if parents are going to allow their five-year-old, six-year-old kids play a game with "realism" or blood in it, I am concerned with that issue of violence.

Okay, I know. Five-year-olds playing Halo or Black Ops or whatever. I know they have blood in it. I know they have shot guns and knives and plasma guns in them. And I know they have zombies. That's kind of why that our society is being less into literature and more into violence (but that's another argument for another time...). But anyways, I just feel that this free and open exposer to this kind of violence is an issue for those who are touchy on the ratings of video games. I personally do not care for Ganondorf coughing up blood or dying from massive blood loss, but more exposer to blood, violence, etc. will result in violent, sadist five-year-olds.

I'm not saying that most/all parents don't care what video games their kids play, but I'm talking about the toddlers playing Call of Duty and their parents just don't care enough to stop them or whatever.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Although I am more on the mature side (or so some people say), I do have a concern with blood being inputted into a Zelda game because I'm one of the many people who grew up with playing Legend of Zelda and feel that if parents are going to allow their five-year-old, six-year-old kids play a game with "realism" or blood in it, I am concerned with that issue of violence.

Okay, I know. Five-year-olds playing Halo or Black Ops or whatever. I know they have blood in it. I know they have shot guns and knives and plasma guns in them. And I know they have zombies. That's kind of why that our society is being less into literature and more into violence (but that's another argument for another time...). But anyways, I just feel that this free and open exposer to this kind of violence is an issue for those who are touchy on the ratings of video games. I personally do not care for Ganondorf coughing up blood or dying from massive blood loss, but more exposer to blood, violence, etc. will result in violent, sadist five-year-olds.

I'm not saying that most/all parents don't care what video games their kids play, but I'm talking about the toddlers playing Call of Duty and their parents just don't care enough to stop them or whatever.

It's a bit different wit OoT, though. It was a couple of moments. Not enough to actually say there was blood in the rating. But your point is valid, and I had already thought of that myself. Just thought I'd throw that part ^ in there.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

You make an EXCELLENT point. This is why I feel this subject is tricky. Although I doubt we'll be seeing sadistic toddlers running around cutting people because they "saw it in the game", I do feel inclined to say that Nintendo musn't over-do it, like Mthegreat said. They should go easy on the level of blood depicted, but still have some to, again, increase the sense of realism. Nonetheless, like JuicieJ said, there will always be people who will complain.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
I couldn't care less if there is blood.
Games can be fun without blood. It's a shame that some companies think a game needs to be flooded with gore for it to be fun.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
ESRB said:
Titles rated E10+ (Everyone 10 and older) have content that may be suitable for ages 10 and older. Titles in this category may contain more cartoon, fantasy or mild violence, mild language and/or minimal suggestive themes.

Ocarina of Time 3D is going to be rated E 10+. Can a ten year-old handle a little blood without crying... or murdering people? Please, kids younger than ten see blood when they scrape their knee!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom