• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Killing Beast Ganon: Blood or No Blood.

Blood or no blood?

• YAY! Blood!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No blood. keep it clean.

• Couldn't care less.

• Total voters
B

Bétùm

Yay! Blood!
Remove the "Yay" and the exclamation points.

I think that the one scene at the end (and keep in mind, people, we're talking about one specific scene) where Ganondorf coughs up blood is really quite powerful. He keels over, and Zelda eyes him with sadness, remarking, "Pitiful man..." I don't know if anyone else remembers that, but the sense of realism portrayed here is one of my strongest memories of OoT. Not realisticness, realism. Obviously we aren't going to give Link a gun and a cell phone, but that doesn't mean we can't put "real" human emotions into the storylines!

Kaleb Dampf

YouTube- www.youtube.com/user/F3artheReaper
Yes! There's blood in plenty of games, and if it was in the original.... keep it.

I'd prefer blood,, mostly because it adds a sense of realism, as Azure Sage said. I'm sure most would do as Sage said they would, but where's the fun in a fantasy series when there's no realism tied in??
I agree. It seems unnecessary to take out the blood. Not that I like blood or anything.

Lupine

Sacred Beast
I really don't care... but it was in the original, so I'd stick with it if there's no problem. It adds a touch of realism, although nothing big enough to be missed, and I don't think that a couple of splatters will really be enough scar a kid for life. Besides, most of the people on this forum played OoT when they were young kids too, right?

F

FalcoL

You know what I think, The appearance of blood should be controlled by the parental settings. The 3DS should have an option so that by default, it will launch up a safer, more censored version of certain games. But by inserting a password, it would launch to it's regular T or M rated mode. If the gaming industry started moving in a kind of direction like, I don't think people would have a problem with it, parents would have their safety locks, and everyone would have it their way. Imagine Call of Duty or Halo with no blood or Vulgar language. Street Fighter with no alcohol references and less language (E rated games are allowed to have Suggestive themes so i didn't say that :/). I know the industry has no plans or even cares about safety and the matter of choice, but I sure would love to see the ENTIRE Industry follow this suit.

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
I think it would be really cool if there was blood when defeating Beast Ganon exceptionally when there is the finish move happens like when you stab the sword into his head blood, guts, and other thinks like that come flying out. It would be like when a sword slashes through a person or when someone is shot and they start bleeding. It would be a cool way to end a battle against Beast Ganon.

the only reason I voted for the blood is because I have one of the very first cartridges of Ocarina of Time (with red blood and before the Fire Temple chanting was removed) and that was my very first experience oh so many years ago. I want as much of that memory and magic to be experienced again, down to the very last detail. granted, I do understand why and do believe Nintendo's reasons for removing them are very much justified. of course it won't affect my opinion of OoT 3D seeing as how I just got it today but I just want to relive that kind of feeling again. some of the happiesnt moments of my childhood revisioned and upgraded

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
Me, myself, I don't care that much, although too much blood I find annoying and disgusting, and it becomes a turn-off for me towards the game.

If there's just some blood like in Ocarina of Time, I don't care much and would be fine with it. But I do care about the fact that many parents do not like their young children playing games with blood in them, and I respect that. I wouldn't want my kids playing bloody games either- that's what the ESRB rating system is for. Zelda has always been a more family-oriented franchise than not, so I think just for the sake that many parents do not want their children playing bloody games, just cut the blood. It's not that big of a deal and won't make a dent in how good the game is, just get rid of it to make it more child friendly.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I remember the days of v1.0 where you sliced Ganon's nose and blood came out. It even happened to Ganondorf. It isn't required for the game to be a good game, but it won't hurt anyone. As everyone pointed out, the game is E10+ by the ESRB. Many other games have things far worse than a little bit of blood, they have guns and cursing (it's minor, mind you), and far more 'cartoon violence' than this game has. The Shadow Temple has blood in some spots (or is that the Bottom of the Well? I can't remember). All in all, if the game DOES have blood I hope it's red like it was in v1.0.

EDIT: The game does have blood for Ganondorf, but it's green like in v1.1-v2.0/

I really don't care. I mean, I don't like games like CoD, Halo, and GTA, but Ganon barely bleeds any at all. I mean, if it were in CoD, ect. Ganons face would be chopped off.

I remember the days of v1.0 where you sliced Ganon's nose and blood came out. It even happened to Ganondorf. It isn't required for the game to be a good game, but it won't hurt anyone. As everyone pointed out, the game is E10+ by the ESRB. Many other games have things far worse than a little bit of blood, they have guns and cursing (it's minor, mind you), and far more 'cartoon violence' than this game has. The Shadow Temple has blood in some spots (or is that the Bottom of the Well? I can't remember). All in all, if the game DOES have blood I hope it's red like it was in v1.0.

EDIT: The game does have blood for Ganondorf, but it's green like in v1.1-v2.0/

Yes, there is blood splatter on the walls somtimes in the Shadow Temple or Bottom of the Well.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
At this point i'm beginning to think that the PEGI rating system is stricter on content than the ESRB one, OoT 3D is rated 12+ here, as was the wii version for some strange reason. Bumped up from the original 7+.

Personally it doesn't matter to me about the blood one way or another, if I want to see blood there are a ton of other games which have over the top amounts of that alongside high levels of violence. I doubt that they would remove the blood, heck if they did that then they might as well have cut the Shadow Temple straight out of the game, it's going to be a matter of whether it's green or not.
If they've kept red blood in the Shadow Temple though, they might as well just keep it red elsewhere, in my opinion.

M

Metal_head

I think they should have just kept everything in the original the same. The blood in Legend of Zelda is alot more noticeable than any the blood in Ocarina of Time and they didn't remove it in the remakes. The blood makes Ganondorf seem more human and it makes you feel like you've really beaten him instead of just making him sick. Although it really doesn't matter. The game is still amazing.

Big Octo

=^)
I really thought that realistic, red blood was an awesome detail included, especially after an epic battle with a monstrous final boss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom