• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Killing a Boss with a Fast Time

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
Have you ever had any experiences while fighting a boss and killed it with a very fast time? Maybe not a record time but as fast as an average person can?

Yesterday I was battling Morpheel in Twilight Princess and I killed it in under 2 minutes. When the battle started, I straight away clawshotted the eye, swiped at it a few times then straight away went to the second stage without Morpheel releasing the pirannahs which only took 10 seconds. Then I straight away started swimming towards morpheel and got the eye on the first go. Same with the next 4 shots.

I though I was just lucky and didn't actually got a record time but when I searched youtube videos, all of them had times between 3 minutes to 10 minutes. There was even a speedrun that took 2:06 and I still beat it!

If only I recorded my battle! :( :P

Anyway, did you have any experiences killing a boss with a very fast time?

Yes I have. I've taken Malladus down countless times in Spirit Tracks. One time I was fighting him, I only took the minimum time need to fight him through his first part. I got through his two cycles of fireballs in no time at all, Zelda was not harmed. After that, it only took me a few minutes, maybe less than five, to take down the second part of the fight.

Another one would have to be Ganon in ALttP. He was a joke, in my opinion. Took me almost no time at all to beat him, I didn't even need any recovery items.

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
Yes I have. I've taken Malladus down countless times in Spirit Tracks. One time I was fighting him, I only took the minimum time need to fight him through his first part. I got through his two cycles of fireballs in no time at all, Zelda was not harmed. After that, it only took me a few minutes, maybe less than five, to take down the second part of the fight.

Another one would have to be Ganon in ALttP. He was a joke, in my opinion. Took me almost no time at all to beat him, I didn't even need any recovery items.

AHHHH! SPOILER!

Now I know. :( Oh well, I haven't played Spirit Tracks for a while now and I really can't be bothered if I do find out the end (I'm up to the last Spirit Tower stage before fighting the last boss(es).)

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
In WW the Helmaroc King, there's a sort of cheat. You can Z-target him and throw your boomerang, after his helmet is gone, and it will follow him until it hits him. Then just wait for him to come closer and then throw the boomerang again, when he lands but is too high to hit him with your sword, just throw the boomerang over and over really fast. It takes only like 1 min to beat him when you do that.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Ghot in MM. Back when I had a working controller, killing him was so easy, especialy if you had Fierce Deity/Oni Link.

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
Ghot in MM. Back when I had a working controller, killing him was so easy, especialy if you had Fierce Deity/Oni Link.

I found Ghot quite difficult at first but then it got a bit easier. But still it took me forever to kill him! :P

How did you go without Fierce Diety Link?

In OoA, the first boss, Aquamentis, was so easy it's not even funny.
All I did was mash my B-button at it's horn for about 20-30 seconds rofl
The mini-boss was almost the same if not harder in that dungeon. Eh, I can't really rant much though, considering it's only the first dungeon.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
The quickest Boss I have defeated was definately Queen Gohma in OoT.
I quite literally, immediately stunned her and finished her in one before she could climb her ceiling.
That took a grand total of maybe, 10 seconds??

I've compiled a video of all the Legend of Zelda bosses taken down in under two minutes. I'm going to upload the video eventually, probably after summer.

Last edited:

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
One boss that went down surprisingly fast was Morpha from OoT. I just grabbed it from the corner, turned around to block its way and a few mashes with the Biggoron Sword later and it was gone. Others you can kill quickly are from LttP: the Armos Knights are a joke (OK it's the 1st dungeon) but the two-headed boss from level 7 (Trinexx) can be beaten very quickly too, but you have to time it perfectly. Some guy put up a video, that's basically how I'd beat him too (though I never was that fast in the 2nd phase): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi2N64nXVyg

Tom

I remember killing Queen Gohma in less than two minutes. I know she's not that hard of a boss, but I'm not that skilled anyway, so I think it's worth sharing this. It did look something like this

Last edited:

OotLord1003

Young Link
I remember killing Queen Gohma in less than two minutes. I know she's not that hard of a boss, but I'm not that skilled anyway, so I think it's worth sharing this. It did look something like this

I took out ghoma in 13 seconds. USE THE ALMIGHTY DEKU STIIIICKS!! da da da daaaaa!!!

Kybyrian

You'll find that if you go beat a boss after having just beat him not long ago that you are usually able to beat him faster. It happens to me most of the time. The more I do things the faster I can get them done, but that's pretty much natural. After all, practice makes perfect.

It can give you a sense of satisfaction whenever you do this. I usually feel relatively good about myself whenever I do this, though I know if I come back in a couple weeks I'll probably just take as long to beat him as I did the first time I attempted it.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I beat Queen Gohma in about ten seconds many times. Also, I've also beaten Aquamentus from the first LoZ in a matter of ten seconds. Another one that I've killed in a quick time was Ganon from ALttP. Took me all of a minute to beat him. No potions, no nothing. And also, once I killed Molgera from ALttP in all of about twenty seconds. Granted it was in Ganon's Tower and I had the Golden Sword (which meant three hits and it got dead) but still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom