• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kids Named After a Zelda Character?

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Zelda would be a good name for a girl if I had children. Though thats a long way off. I can't think of any other name than Zelda. Who would want to be called Gorko, Groose, or Gaepora? Can you think of any other name than Zelda because I can't.

The problem is many of us want to but our wives/ husbands wouldn't allow us to. I like the series but I don't think I'm going to name my children after it anyways.

Z

Zeldafreakazoid

I would love to name one of my future children after a Zelda character!

Impa

Sheikahchu
Hey, Robin Williams did it. Why can't we? Impa's my favorite character(who would have guessed?) but I wouldn't name my daughter that. If I have a boy, and I was feeling sure enough to name him for a Zelda character, I would probably name him Link. It is a legitimate name, and can be alluded to many things other than the Legend of Zelda. If I have a girl, I wouldn't name her Zelda. That'd be just too obvious. I'd go for something more obscure, like Telma.

how about a girl name navi that would be like naming a boy tingle i like the name zelda but it to known by everybody but thats a good posibility but link is to know to but how about a gannon or majora middle name and idk saria i think would be a good name and darmani would be cool for a boy

I don't have any kids now, but if I do, I'd name my son either link or groose. I'd name my daughter zelda or midna.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I always said that I would name my kid after a Zelda character, but when it came down to it, I didn't and I know my wife wouldn't have agreed on it either, so no I didn't.

I'd name my kid after Link. But it would be more of a nickname - short for Lincoln...

Zelda sounds pretty neat, too, I guess... [noparse]>.>[/noparse]

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
I don't know if I'd ever have the guts to name my (hypothetical) children after an obvious video game reference, no matter how much I love the series. It's kind of shame, since I actually really like the name Link; my favorite kind of male names are short, single syllable ones, and Link is definitely no exception, however I wouldn't make the whole "Lincoln" compromise.. not a fan of that name, oddly enough.

Zelda, also, is a beautiful name I would consider even without the game connotation, but again, not very subtle nowadays. I feel like as the series gets more and more widepsread, we're gonna see a bunch of little Zeldas and Links and Sarias running when our generation starts having kids. It's a nice thought, but could possibly be embarrassing or awkward for the child in question. I think I remember reading a snippet in GameInformer about a staff member who recently had a child who he and his wife named Atari :S I dunno about that one.

I actually recently learned that Zelda is of German / Yiddish origin. My friend told me the other day how her mom recently found out that her Hebrew name is Zelda, which is pretty cool. So it's a legitimate name (Let's not forget that princess Zelda was named after Zelda Fitzgerald) but I wouldn't want to be known as one of those crazy parents who give their kids silly names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom