• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kids Named After a Zelda Character?

Do you have kids named after a Zelda character or do you plan on having kids and naming them after a Zelda character? If so, what is it or what will it be?

I have kids but none are named after a Zelda character but I do have another one on the way and if it's a girl, I plan on naming her Saria.

SwiftestPhantom

Ganondorf Incarnate
seeing as I am only sixteen, I have no kids, but I do have a one year-old cousin, named Ganon, and, he IS named after Ganondorf... :O I thought that was cool.
but if I have kids, I MIGHT name a girl Saria or, even Zelda...

I'd love to name my daughter Zelda (or son Link), but I won't think it will happen.
First of all my future wife (whome still has to come) probably won't aprove
and second the people in my surroundings will find it akward I believe :p
I'd like to get a triforce tattoo though

If I had kids (which I plan on doing), I would name the girl Zelda, maybe even Saria, but maybe not, cuz Zelda's got some weird characters... if I had a boy, I don't really know what to name him. Definitely not Link... or Ganon/Ganondorf... IDK. Please give me some ideas through VMing.

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
I plan on having 2 kids and I have thought about names. Since I was sixteen (two years ago) I've kept a little ribbon-bound journal with boy and girl names. (No the journal isnt "cute and frilly" but rather "antique and rustled with").

Girl names were first on my list and the first LoZ character name I ever considered was Saria. There's just something about this name; the simplicity (I love simple things), the fragility, yet there is strength in the core of the name.
There is another name I considered, that being Ruto... but with an "a" at the end instead of an "o". Hence, Ruta.
This name has the hard syllable/letter of "t" which gives an oomph to it, but I've always liked the sound "roo". Pronouncing that sound is a melody in my ears. I must be wierd.

On to boy names. Just one related to LoZ. Can you guess?
Link. For some reason, this name sticks to me. Not just because it's the name of the main character (duh), but because of simplicity (there I go again). This name flows. Fluidity is one thing I look for.

And there you have it. Fascinating.

I would stick to the more obscure names just for the sake of dodging school yard bullies. Zelda is probably well known enough that some kid would recognize Link or Zelda and exploit it. As someone who was bullied as a kid and now a parent it's even worse having to see your kids go through it. Names like Saria are obscure enough or if you want a name like Impa or Ganon make it a middle name. And for the love of God don't name any of them Tingle, that will guarantee a whoopin during recess.

-KingJason

Superficies Rex
I have been thinking about named my kid after a Zelda character when I finally decide to adopt a boy or girl I will make the decision of which character has the privilege to be my child's surname. Well truth be told I want to adopt 3 children. Whether it's 2 boys 1 girl, or vise versa. They will all have a Zelda related name, but My first daughter's first name will be Marcia.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I do actually have planned to name my baby(if a girl) Zelda. It such a pretty name. If it's a boy, umm, I have no idea yet.

M

Meatball

I haven't taken much time to consider names of children... But I think Darmani for a boy would be cool. Possibly Cawlin.

I would probably give my child a Zelda middle name out of fear that any offspring of mine would be angry with me for chosing a name such as "Malon" or "Link". So probably a middle name like Majora or something along those lines.

I'd never name my kids anything that was embarrassing, so while I might consider a Zelda-themed name, it would be restricted to one that either is or mostly sounds like a normal given name. (Take for example "Ridley", which I want to name my son. It's partially based on Metroid, but I also like it because of its own coolness and also because it's a real name.)

That said, I don't know what names I'd actually consider. "Zelda", eh, maybe. "Link" would be a more likely one personally, because it's an awesome sounding male name, and again it is real. I can't really think of any other good, non-embarrassing Zelda names off the top of my head. Most Zelda names are made up, really. Maybe Peatrice. lol

G

GuruGuru

I've already discussed this with my girlfriend actually :D I'd love to name my (future) daughter Zelda, but she's not to eager about. I'll keep bugging her though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom