• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

KI:U Tournament Sign Up Thread(Up Close and Personal)

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Welcome to my first KI:U tournament. I've been thinking about some things for this for a while and with enough people interested in the idea, I feel it's time to go ahead and try getting one of these started. So for the first 1v1 tournament, we are going to do something called up close and personal. The three weapon types allowed in this tournament will be Blades, Claws, and Arms.

Stage: Small Arena
Time Limit: 3 Minutes
Items: None
Handicap: None
Winner determined by K/D, not by points
Banned Powers: Any that give Petrification of Paralysis
Banned Weapons: Staff, Bow, Club, Orbitars, Palm, Cannon
Banned Weapon Abilities: Paralysis, Petrification

Sign up in this thread and you will be put on a list. Sign ups will run for a few days and once complete, people will be seeded in a tournament bracket. I will only join in should we need another player to even things out. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them below.

Also, for those of you who would like to join and have not yet done so, Here is the link to the KI:U competitive group. A place where we can discuss ability bans, set up practice matches, and even discuss ideas for tournaments and other fun things for the game. http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/group.php?groupid=1922

Entrants
1. Heroine of Time - 0903-2850-0856
2. AvatarFlygon - 4055-2948-3942
3. Krazy4Krash - 0516-7535-7513
4. TheBlueReptile - 0516-7475-3652
5. Fig - 3480-2830-9781
6. Linkdude74 - 3652-0547-9829

Standings W/L/D K/D
Heroine of Time 0/1/0 2/4
Krazy4Krash 3/0/1 19/7
TheBlueReptile 2/1/0 4/6
Fig 0/2/0 3/14
Linkdude74 0/1/2 6/8

Last edited:

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Uh, well...

I guess I could give it a shot. But I'm absolutely TERRIBLE playing at Arms and Claws. I guess I'd have to go with my Viper Blade, but I'm pretty awful at that, too. Only slightly better. XD I only use Palms, normally.

But yeah, might as well play for fun, even if there's no chance I'll win. Not that there really was before, but you know. :P

Is there a reason the other types of banned, or are we planning on having tournaments for those weapons later?

Libk

There are plans for those tournaments later. I wanted to have the first tournament be fast paced and this are some of the close up and fast weapons. Don't worry. We will see other types.

Also, if it makes you feel better, this eliminates my favorite weapon type as well, Clubs. So if I have to join in I don't have much either xD

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Yes, I'll compete. I consider myself comfortable with most weapon types. I don't, however, have much experience on Small Arena, so this'll be real interesting for me.

Libk

Entrant list updated again. Also, unless anyone objects, I think The sign up will stay open until Monday night. Once Monday hits, I'll close it and get the bracket

Libk

1 more hour until I close this I think. So I have a question for you guys. Because there are so few people(atm) do you all want to play each other once and then get paired according to seeds, or just go through the bracket now?

Fig

The Altruist
Ok so my 3DS is being sent to repairs so I can't use my own, however my brother is willing to let me use me use his until mine returns. Is that alright with you guys? :puppy:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I don't think a bracket is worth doing immediately due to the amount of players, we should play all the other entrants, like you said.

Ok so my 3DS is being sent to repairs so I can't use my own, however my brother is willing to let me use me use his until mine returns. Is that alright with you guys? :puppy:

In that case, we would need to add your brother's 3DS to our friend lists, right?

Libk

I will add fig and myself into this if that's what is wanting to be done. Then We'll all battle each other once, I'll keep track of the win/loss and K/D records for when I make the bracket. It will give people practice with the weapons and stage before going into the bracket.

When we go to the bracket, It will be best 2 of 3 to determine the winner. You'll register your weapon at the beginning and have to use that through the tournament. You may change your power set up though, as you might have powers that work better against certain players. No need to register a weapon during the preliminary rounds. The finals will be a best of 5 series. Does this also sound good to you guys?

Fig

The Altruist
In that case, we would need to add your brother's 3DS to our friend lists, right?

That is indeed correct. Here is my brother's 3DS FC: 3480-2830-9781

It would be great if you guys may provide your 3DS FC so that I may you guys again on my brother's 3DS for the time being. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but I am glad that my 3DS wll be repaired and return to me as soon as Nintendo finishes the repairs.

I will add fig and myself into this if that's what is wanting to be done. Then We'll all battle each other once, I'll keep track of the win/loss and K/D records for when I make the bracket. It will give people practice with the weapons and stage before going into the bracket.

When we go to the bracket, It will be best 2 of 3 to determine the winner. You'll register your weapon at the beginning and have to use that through the tournament. You may change your power set up though, as you might have powers that work better against certain players. No need to register a weapon during the preliminary rounds. The finals will be a best of 5 series. Does this also sound good to you guys?

I am up for this. I think it is great that we will have the ability to play around with items in the preliminary rounds as there might be times were we might like an item last minute before we pick the perfect item for us. I also believe that have a 2/3 bracket for the next rounds after the preliminary rounds as sometimes there will be obstacles or circumstances that might have screwed up our chance at wining one of the games. It also allows us to be more strategic for the upcoming games and plan according. Hopefully everyone will have a good time and do their very best to make it to the finals! I wish everyone the best of luck during the competition. ^^

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I thought we already had items banned, because there's a factor of luck depending on when and where they spawn. Not to mention everybody would go for claws due their fast ground speed and ease of chasing down the items as they appear. I do like the idea of having a variety of rulesets for tourneys with and without powers, however.

Libk

I like the idea of playing some friendly games first. Will give me a little more time to get back to grips with the game ;)

Might be an idea to add everyone's FCs to the OP to save scrolling through the thread once it's a little larger? I'll edit this post with my own later, at work currently. I'm not sure how everyone else feels about this, but I'd like to see a little further down the line a tournament with items and powers disabled. Items add a level of instantaneous luck to each match whilst the powers a person possesses are granted to them randomly throughout their play file. Some people simply may not have access to the better powers that become considered staples in competitive play.

I thought we already had items banned, because there's a factor of luck depending on when and where they spawn. Not to mention everybody would go for claws due their fast ground speed and ease of chasing down the items as they appear. I do like the idea of having a variety of rulesets for tourneys with and without powers, however.

Items are already banned for this one, as yes they are a bit of random luck. Although future tournaments might feature items turned on, just make sure in you matches you turn them off when selecting the stage and time and etc. If anyone does not know how to access the rules menu, I can post some pics.

I am also planning different tourney's with different rule sets. Some where long range weapons are allowed, some where it will be heavy weapons, some with now powers, some with all weapons, some on different stages, There are a lot of different ways we can do tournaments so I can't wait to see what we do. I believe most people have their friend codes in the thread in the group, so I will be bringing them to the OP here. I'll also add the new one Fig provided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom