• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Keeping Relationships "spicy"

Dan

This thread has nothing to do with what you get up to in the bedroom, although I personally thought it was well explained and could go without saying!

So I know this thread has pretty much narrowed the 800 "active members" of this forum down to about 4 in terms of audience that can reply to this thread, however as of late I've been boxing, and by boxing I mean bi-curious about how you guys make sure a relationship doesn't grow stale, as we all know relationships take time, money, energy, money, patience, money and money. I am thankfully a rather unique awesome, lovable better than prolly most of you put together human being and always remain quite fun and outgoing, When my boyfriend came home the other day I smashed a pie in his face as soon as he got to the door, and his reply "well Dan I guess we are having pie tonight" to which my reply was "hahahaha".

So anyway how do you keep relationships spicy, for the most part you should just be ourselves and that should be enough but sometimes we have to go further for our super important- Can't be asked to finish the sentence, anyway go!

shutterstock_60504643-1024x682.jpg

Last edited:

octorok74

TETTAC
I just be myself and that actually works, surprisingly enough. I don't have to do much of anything except just be there. And money isn't an issue when it's companionship both people want.

Dan

Nothing. I just sit and think. I never get anywhere, so I just run through an astonishing number of senarios in my head.

Well Eric I don't claim to be a love doctor or anything (I am) but in a relationship doing that will only tire you and will sadly not keep things so exciting and spicy, you should live in the moment amigo.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Dan...you're hilarious. Nothing more.

As for the topic at hand, the best way to keep a relationship hot is to simply find peoples' tickle zones, i.e. what makes them happy. No one likes only one thing. For me, you could give me a video game, a tub of ice cream (or an ice cream bath :O), and a trip to moneyland. For another person, you could literally tickle their armpit, carry them off, or go to a ranch and ride horses. Ultimately, you just can't stay stagnant in a relationship - unless you're married and have a MAN. :/

Dan

There is no moment. There is no bloody relationship.

Not yet amigo but you will soon be in collage and let me tell you... you will be prepared after reading my insightful post. :)

Dan...you're hilarious. Nothing more.

As for the topic at hand, the best way to keep a relationship hot is to simply find peoples' tickle zones, i.e. what makes them happy. No one likes only one thing. For me, you could give me a video game, a tub of ice cream (or an ice cream bath :O), and a trip to moneyland. For another person, you could literally tickle their armpit, carry them off, or go to a ranch and ride horses. Ultimately, you just can't stay stagnant in a relationship - unless you're married and have a MAN. :/

Hmm an icecream bath, that does sound fun. :P

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well, I think a lack of 'spice' only becomes a problem after years and years. I'm always myself of course, and my boyfriend's either himself or Mary the Drag Queen, and luckily we've not yet hit the point when a relationship tends to drag and we need to actually go out looking for new ways to inject a bit of excitement back into the relationship, or 'spice' as the thread says. We have date night of course but that's more so we 100% have time to spend together with both of us working a lot usually, and we know each other well enough that we can do stuff to make the other one happy quite easily, don't really need to do anything major. They don't even need to be any grand gestures, for example I know my boyfriend's favourite meal is a lasagna so just making that puts a smile on his face. And he knows just tidying up a bit before I come home will put me in a nice mood. :P And I know he wants to go to New York so I'm biding my time to organise that sometime for him.

I've never had a longer relationship than this, prior to this a month was my record, so I've never had the 'spice' go yet. I hope it won't either.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I think communication is the most important part of keeping a relationship spicy. If someone feels it's gotten boring or stale, they should be able to talk about it to the other person and work out a way to make things better. Even just things being out in the open could help a lot.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Having been with the same girl for 12 years, I'll give what insight I've gathered on the matter.

Relationships get stuck in ruts. It's unavoidable. Don't worry, they're not fatal. Though in order to escape them, you have to be willing to grow both as an individual and as a couple. This is why it's so important to be with someone that has similar interests to you - trying and finding new things to do together is critical to the health of any long-term relationship. Occasionally doing something you don't particularly like to humor your significant other goes a long way as well.

I think communication is the most important part of keeping a relationship spicy. If someone feels it's gotten boring or stale, they should be able to talk about it to the other person and work out a way to make things better. Even just things being out in the open could help a lot.

Spot on.

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
well i'm not in a relationship and I haven't been in one for a LONG-O time.... lol! though I would think it would require some spontaneity?? maybe?? or something like a date night or something like that.. like i said it's been a while and seeing as how much i'm starting to love cats it's going to be a way while longer lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom