• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Kathrine's Last Day (General Art)

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Hey guys, I decided to write a story and post it on here. It's a project I did for school and I wanted to share it with you all. Here ya go. ^^

Kathrine's Last Day

Today was going to be an average day for Kathrine Banes. She knew exactly what would happen, as it happened every day. She would get up, get dressed, do her school work for the day, eat lunch, get insulted about twenty times by her sister, go back downstairs, write, after school go outside, come in when it got dark, get insulted about fifty times by her sister, eat dinner, go to her room, pray and go to bed. And on weekends she thankfully got insulted less as she was able to stay out of the house and away from her sister most of the day.

And so, like every day, she got dressed and started her school. She was home schooled and thus did her school work in her home. She took her school books and went into the family room in the basement. This is where she loved doing school, because her best friend was always in here. Her pet bird, Feathers. She opened her history book about the civil war and started reading aloud as she always did to her bird. Feathers chirped occasionally in her effort to talk, and Kathrine just ignored it as she read on. After her usual ten pages of history she picked up her literature book.

“Ugh, don’t you hate literature Feathers?” She said to the bird.

The bird replied in his high pitched squawk and Kathrine smiled. She opened the book and started reading to herself. It ruined the reading of the story if she read out loud, so this “class” she didn’t read aloud. Feathers squawked a few times, but realized Kathrine won’t reply and settled down. When Kathrine was done her class she picked up her science book. This was her favorite class and started reading aloud.

“Wow! That’s pretty neat isn’t it Feathers?” She always said when Feathers squawked after Kathrine would say something interesting.

She continued to read until her pages of the day were done. She then picked up her Algebra. She was a freshman in high school and this was her first year of Algebra. The outcome of it was that she hated math and couldn’t wait for summer to come.

“Ugh, math. Well, let’s get it over with.” Feathers squawked to Kathrine’s remark as usual.

She didn’t read aloud how to do the problems, but the problems themselves she did. She solved them all in an hour’s time and closed up the book. She gathered all of her books together and headed for her room. Feathers followed her to the edge of his cage and squawked like crazy.

“I’ll be back Feathers.”

She put all her school books back in the shelf and sighed. Now she had to go upstairs to endure her sister’s torment. She got up and rubbed her eyes.

I’ll just eat a quick lunch.

She headed for the stairs and heard that her mother was home. That was a relief, now she could have a peaceful lunch. She climbed the stairs and entered her kitchen, where her sister was making a meal. She smiled at her sister and waved and made herself a sandwich. She saw that her sister was ignoring her again and shrugged it off.

Just ignore her looks Kathrine…

She finished her sandwich and sat down to eat.

“So how’s school been kids?” Their mother asked.

It was just the two girls and their brother in the house. Kathrine’s brother was a senior and her sister was in seventh grade.

“Horrible.” Rachel responded.

“Pretty good for me.” Kathrine replied cheerfully.

“I’m just glad this is my last year.” Frank replied.

“Why was your day bad?” Their mother asked Rachel.

“Because I’m home schooled so I have to spend the whole day with her.”

“Now Rachel.”

Their mother slapped Rachel’s hand and Kathrine prevented herself from laughing a little. She was glad her mother was home, because then Rachel got punished for her bullying. Kathrine finished her food and cleaned up her spot. She hugged her mom and went back downstairs where she wrote her stories on her computer.

The sound of her mother leaving the house rang and she sighed. She’d now hear a few more insults from her sister. But her sister never came downstairs so she was safe until three o’clock. Feathers squawked and Kathrine whistled. She wrote a whole ten pages of her short story for school and stopped when she saw the clock. It was two fifty-nine. She saved her work and closed everything up.

Kathrine went to her closet and grabbed a jacket, considering it was October, one of the cold months. She loved the winter and fall, so she went outside as much as possible. She left through the back door and left the back yard. She heard her sister in her room upstairs saying something like, “Done”. She shrugged and headed off to take a long walk.

How she loved taking long walks, it was the time she took to think about life and events. First she thought about the upcoming dance for home schoolers around her town. Then she tracked off the Rachel’s insult to her at the table.

She really hates me.

Rachel insulted her like it was just her normal language. It didn’t matter who was around, Kathrine was insulted many times by Rachel. But Kathrine had her secret passages out of that. She read her books, or left the house for the day, and that would prevent Rachel from being able to insult her that day.

She walked along the leaf coated walkways and thought about how much Rachel hated her. Rachel had insulted her about a hundred times a day since she turned twelve. And what did Kathrine do to deserve this? She had no idea why Rachel constantly bullied her. All she knew is that it has been going on for a long time.

Then she thought deeper. Does she care?

She hates me so much she must not care if I die or not. I could not come home due to an accident today and her attitude towards me wouldn’t change in the slightest.

An idea struck Kathrine.

What if I did get hurt?

As she thought about it she forgot where she was. And she didn’t notice that she had walked right onto a busy street where cars were rushing by. Kathrine didn’t realize where she was until she was hit by a car unexpectedly. The driver had thought she saw the car and wouldn’t walk in front of it, but the driver couldn’t stop when she walked right on and a second later got hit.

She lay there on the ground, an ambulance and police all around. People were crowded around her as the paramedics took her off to the hospital. It started to snow on her as she was taken into the ambulance. She loved the snow, but her injuries didn’t make the moment any better. She felt a hard pain in her side, and her arm felt like it was about to fall off.

This isn’t exactly what I wanted. She thought. But now Rachel will be happier today.

When she got to the hospital they hurried her out and pushed her through the doors to a room where they could operate. A Doctor was standing beside her and talking to her.

“Do you know of any family we can contact?” He kept saying.

“Banes. Abigail and John Banes.” She replied weakly.

“Call Abigail and John Banes!” He called to some nurses. He turned back to Kathrine and smiled. “You’re going to be alright. What’s your name?”

“Kathrine.”

“Kathrine, that’s a lovely name. Just hold on for a little while and we’ll have you all fixed up.”

Kathrine smiled and closed her eyes. The pain was growing, and she clenched the side of the bed she was on. Then she heard a lot of people come in and someone put some liquid in her mouth. Soon after, she fell into a deep sleep where she was left to wait out the operation.

That was the last time she’d fall asleep in her life, as she passed away on the hospital bed. Many people came to mourn her death, along with her family members. Her sister Rachel was the saddest of all. After the funeral Rachel would no longer come out of her room, only to eat. Her mother gave up trying to console her, as she cried about that last thing she said to Kathrine. Soon in the middle of the night she etched on her door “Because of her.” Which was the last thing Kathrine heard from Rachel.

Rachel soon never came out and died in her room of starvation. Everyone felt pity for her as she blamed herself for Kathrine’s death, and gave her a proper funeral.

After Rachel died she was at a gate. In front of that gate she could see Kathrine, talking and smiling with some other people who were all in white robes. She looked around and saw an angel.

“Hello Rachel. Your sister is waiting.”

Kathrine suddenly turned to see Rachel, and smiled at her. Rachel ran as fast as she could to Kathrine, and they both embraced each other in a long hug. Kathrine patted Rachel’s head as Rachel kept saying “It’s my fault!” Soon after they went up to the gate holding hands, and entered the kingdom of heaven together.

Hope you liked it!

A little bit about this bit of work:

I was inspired (not in a good way) to write this story based on my own life. There isn't really a message I'm writing, just a story. And I'm also planing on doing a different story to this that will go on longer, and it'll be a fan fiction. So look for that new story!

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
This was cool, Rainy, I really enjoyed it, though it was sad. I got your message perfectly, even if there wasn't one intended. But anyway, just want to let you know something that could help you in future stories, etc. When a character talks to someone, say another character, always use a comma after the last word that comes before the character's name. Here's an example for ya.

“Ugh, don’t you hate literature Feathers?” She said to the bird.

“Ugh, don’t you hate literature, Feathers?” She said to the bird. (This is how it's done since you are talking to someone)

Hope that helps you in your writing. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom