• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kanye West, Artist of the Century

Garo

Boy Wonder
Hey everyone I wanted to know what your favorite Kanye West album is

I really like all of them of course; College Dropout and Late Registration are hip-hop classics, 808s and Heartbreak changed pop music for better and for always with its pioneering use of autotune as an artistic choice, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is a masterpiece of maximalist bravado, Yeezus is a terrifyingly raw anthem of anger and frustration, and Graduation is the other one.

I think Kanye is the greatest artist working in music today because he's so semiotically interesting and in tune with all that his music is about. He's very honest all the time and I like that in somebody with as much fame and notoriety, since it's easy to fall into people pleasing nonsense. But he's always himself, and that's pretty cool

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Ya know, I honestly thought the title of the thread was a joke. But it seems you're serious, and that's fine. Kanye used to be my favorite music artist, and I still listen to his old songs, but I think 808's was his last good work for me. It's not that his talent has suffered or anything, he's just way too freaking weird nowadays. When it comes to my favorite album, it's come to 808's and Heartbreak or College Dropout, there are amazing songs in both that I still listen to. If I had to chose, I'd go with 808's and Heartbreak, only because of his songs "Welcome to Heartbreak" and "Street Lights."

Even though I've stopped listening to HipHop a few years back, I still find myself looking up Kanye on Youtube sometimes. And I still think that "Homecoming" is one of the best HipHop songs of all time.

College Dropout, Late Registration and Graduation are god level as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't have been able to graduate College without them (Ironically enough). I liked 808s, but Yeezus was eh for me.

I will say though, anyone that features Ye on a track these days is liable to blow up. Anything he touches currently becomes gold man I swear.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I had to spit out my drink when I read the title of this topic. I'm totally honest, I only know him because of all the media attention he gets by his behavior. But I'm pretty sure he is far from the artist of the century in my books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom