• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kamikaze Strategies

Dracoburn

Lance's Protégé
Am I the only person who occasionally kills off my partner in Doubles/Multis just to get the Moxie boost on my Gyarados? Or would use recoil moves and explosive moves, risking one of my Pokemon's life, just to get the upper hand in battles?

What are your thoughts on playing the game for blood, even when the risks are great? If so, what are your favorite suicide techniques? Discuss.

This is my lead. Focus Sash on my Froslass, EVs in Special Attack/Speed.
Spikes
Taunt
Ice Beam
Destiny Bond

Froslass is very fast, so throw up Spikes.
Focus Sash will keep you alive. Destiny Bond. With 110 base Speed it rarely fails.
Taunt is there to prevent other leads from using things like Stealth Rock.
Ice Beam if you find yourself alive when you thought you'd be dead.

Dracoburn

Lance's Protégé
This is my lead. Focus Sash on my Froslass, EVs in Special Attack/Speed.
Spikes
Taunt
Ice Beam
Destiny Bond

Froslass is very fast, so throw up Spikes.
Focus Sash will keep you alive. Destiny Bond. With 110 base Speed it rarely fails.
Taunt is there to prevent other leads from using things like Stealth Rock.
Ice Beam if you find yourself alive when you thought you'd be dead.

I love it. My "best asset", as I'm told by others, is my Moxiedos. I send her out as a lead, usually in doubles or multis. If her partner isn't pulling its own weight, isn't well suited to the battle, or is simply a "dummy" Pokemon that I use to distract the opponent, I just start launching Earthquakes, killing everything that isn't immune, including my partner. Sometimes strap a Scarf or Band on, just to make it easier to pull off, because with a Lonely nature, even low-power physical rock and electric moves will floor her if the user gets the chance to hit.

Simple set, with Waterfall, Ice Fang, Dragon Dance and Earthquake. Sometimes I pair her with an Acrobatics Gliscor or a set-up Aerodactyl. If I'm playing Singles, I'll often put my ultimate revenge killing Charizard on the team. But usually, unless I'm faced with, say, a Zebstrika, the strategy is foolproof.

Kybyrian

I think one of the most common suicides you see is Destiny Bond Froslass. I used to use it commonly in Gen 4, but I haven't seen it but one time in this gen. I think I may try it out again, though I must say I'm fond of my Prankster Sableye. Another suicide lead that I was always really fond of was Focus Sash Azelf with Taunt/Stealth Rock/Explosion/U-Turn (or Fire Blast considering gen 5's common Scizor and Ferrothorn). Azelf has a massive Atk stat that can really blow away a Pokemon with explosion. Bulky leads such as Politoed are common in 5th gen, though, so it makes the set a little less useful. You can switch in another Pokemon without fear, however. U-Turn is always an option if you feel like you can switch out on the bulky leads successfully. Another option is Normal Gem with Explosion, but that makes added risk without the Focus Sash. It's easier to get in, taunt, stealth rock, then explode or fire blast on the way out with 1 HP left.

Seems like a good suicide technique would definitely be Final Gambit since it has the chance of taking down an opponent as well. Though IDK if you could get two Moxie boost that way or not :P
EDIT: just learned that Nincada can learn Final Gambit...that means a boarderline trolling move would be for Shedinja to use that move on something :P

Last edited:

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
I've seen people use Infernape with Endeavor and a Focus Sash. It made me rage so hard when I fought it. It was really unexpected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom