• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kalos Starters Are Classic RPG Archetypes?

Skunk

Floof
Halloo, all. While wandering the vast and endless dimension I came across a theory that the three Kalos starters' second evolutionary forms hint at them being archetypes of three classic RPG classes. So, basically here's how the theory goes(for those who haven't seen the Kalos starters' secondary forms, I've placed pics of them in spoilers above their information, as well as a comparison to their class):

Chespin, the Paladin

attachment.php

As it happens, Chespin's second form is incredibly... cute? I think that's the word. Anyways, You might say, "Why is that a Paladin?" Well, for one thing, it's name is Quilladin, which is quite close to Paladin. Also, Paladin's usually have high defense and healing abilities, which could definitely be applicable to a Grass type Pokemon. So, this starter will probably have high defense and special defense, as well as a line of HP restoring moves. Perhaps a Grass or Grass Fighting type.

Fennekin, the Mage​

attachment.php

Alright, so Braixen. The name doesn't give us much, although Braixen's design almost appears exactly like a Black Mage from Final Fantasy. Also, have a look at this trailer, and take extra notice of how Braixen fights:

[video=youtube;eeP4qhqPEcY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeP4qhqPEcY&feature=youtube_gdata[/video]​

Braixen appears to wave some sort of stick around like a Staff or Wand. It might be possible to have a Fire Type with high Special Attack stats. As far as typing goes, a Fire Fairy Pokemon would seem to do nicely here.

Froakie, the Fighter... or Ninja... or Rogue

attachment.php

Frogadier is a bit more complex. Frogadier could be anyone of these, judging by it's design. It's name is similar to the title Brigadier, so that might suggest a fighter. Regardless, Frogadier will probably have high speed, attack, and maybe evasion.

So, what do you out there think about this? Do you have any ideas as to what these Pokemon could be?

Last edited:

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
It's true. Check the net for their leaked final forms. Chesnaught is a warrior, Delphox is a Sorceress, and Greninja... is a Ninja.

Yeah, I made note of this when I first caught a glimpse of their final evolutions. A fitting theme for an RPG, no? ;0

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
I'm totally gonna make an RP in a Mystery Dungeon like world, but with a plot setting like that of FInal Fantasy. And have these guys in there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom