• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kaepora Gaebora

Alright, so correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Kaepora Gaebora, (The owl in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask), also in Link's Awakening?
images.jpgOwl_Artwork_(Link's_Awakening).jpg

There is a possibility I'm wrong, but I've become very curious.

Thanks guys. :)

Well, canonically, LA follows OoT which heavily featured Kaepora Gaebora but since LA doesn't take place in reality (it seems to be an unconscious Link's dream) its hard to say. The Link in LA isnt the same Link who met KG in OoT etc so he wouldnt have memory of him to dream about him but hey, its Zelda and back in the days of LA Nintendo really didnt care about the timeline back then and OoT didn't exist. I'd say it probably is though, the fact that the owl doesnt talk to you like KG usually does doesn't mean anyhting if the whole of LA is a dream to begin with.

Hm, makes sense.
But now this makes me wonder about all the other characters Nintendo has reused like Mario and Luigi (Talon and Ingo etc.)
Hrm, maybe this could be a youtube video or article.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
The owl in LA was not given a name and was part of the wind fish's dream

Kaepora Gaebora is Rauru

They are more of a reference to each other

I would argue that the owl is the same across all games, and that he is in fact a mystical being capable of both bearing the souls of others and traversing boundaries between worlds. That includes the boundary between the dream world and the real, as well as boundaries between alternate dimensions, i.e. between Hyrule and Termina. In LA he acts as a representation of the spirit of the Wind Fish, and in OoT he acts as a representation of Rauru. In MM, I would say that he is acting as a representation of the Happy Mask Salesman, as they are the only two characters unaffected by Link's time travel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom