• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Just Some Thoughts

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
Honestly, I think there are people who troll on the game just for kicks. And as much as that bothers me, I'm too lazy to go around being rude to every troll I see(not that it would the right thing to do of course). Skyward Sword is a great game all about, yeah there're an awfull amount of flaws, but getting past those the game's just as perfect as Ocarina of Time. I also, have no idea why someone would compare it with Skyrim, as Skyrim kind of beats SS in graphics(among other things).

If you don't appreciate Skyward Sword, well, that's your choice. Just don't make it known to the universe on the forums of ZeldaDungeon.net
(if the thread seems irrelevant, then please notify the Mods.)

I think it's reasonable. Most of these "flaws" have been part of the franchise since day 1. People will complain that it's too different or complain that it's not different enough, some of the reasons really are stupid... Like I've said to many people... If you want something different, play a different game, that's why there's so many out there after all. Also, trying to compare each Zelda to the others is going to lead to some disappointment one way or another, for the simple fact that they all have their own unique and diverse art style and theme. Playing the game and enjoying it for what each particular game is and not what it's predecessors are is where the real enjoyment comes from. If people played and thought about it like that, I'm sure that some would be less disappointed.

If you don't appreciate Skyward Sword, well, that's your choice. Just don't make it known to the universe on the forums of ZeldaDungeon.net
(if the thread seems irrelevant, then please notify the Mods.)

Why the hell not? If we have to listen to your opinions on the game then you listen to ours.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
You see, it's difficult to differentiate between people who genuinely don't like the game because of valid complaints and those who are just trolling for attention. Wrong accusations of trolling are made very quickly on the internet nowadays, so always be careful... if someone is really obviously trolling ("this game sucks because I say so! You all have no taste...blah blah blah") then it's best to simply ignore it.

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
Alot of those people who criticize Skyward Sword, are a bunch of hard to please gamers -__-. Its easy to criticize, but lets see how good of a game they could ever make. Skyward Sword is amazing <3

Most of the game market consists of buyers prefering graphics instead of story, plot and gameplay. It is only normal that these graphic-based games will get the rewards because of this. But it has nothing to do with any objective comparison of games based on objective analysis.

The fact that g4tv called the reason that Zelda won "anged wins" or "angry fans" or something along that line is simply because they want to satisfy the majority of the game market. None of these g4tv guys knows anything about how to distinguish a high-quality game from a low-quality game. They just follow the largest swarm of buyers.

You don't....
Just stay out of the Skyward Sword section. Problem solved

Okay so now all those who have complaints about the game should stay out of the section completely because the skyward sword section is only for those who found the game to be a perfect Zelda?

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Okay so now all those who have complaints about the game should stay out of the section completely because the skyward sword section is only for those who found the game to be a perfect Zelda?

He meant things like "I don't like this game, mainly because Epona isn't in it. Epona was in Ocarina of Time and that game is amazing so why did they have to replace her with a big red duck! C'mon Nintendo!", you know dumb BS like that...

Deeds

no text
Skyward Sword is great, amazing game. But this thread is pretty silly, everyone can have their own opinion.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
There are some pretty legit reasons to bag on SS and what not. Lack of difficulty, broken motion controls, boring overworld, boring skyworld, inane characters that make absolutely no sense to the plot, etc. What people find in the game to be a bad thing, they certainly have the right to hate those aspects and even the game for it (I know it's okay to do so because there are many games that have everything well done except gameplay and people hate the game due to that). If you don't want to hear about someone complaining, don't read the posts. Sure, curiosity will cause you to read things, but the moment you get the hint that someone will be complaining or hating, just move onto the next post, the next thread, and so on.

I really did hate the game's lack of difficulty as well as the characters and the Surface world. But I'm a different kind of gamer – where I pick things up easily others have trouble learning, where I have trouble learning others pick things up easily. So while I have my opinion and you have yours, we're both capable of sharing them wherever we like..

There are some pretty legit reasons to bag on SS and what not. Lack of difficulty, broken motion controls, boring overworld, boring skyworld, inane characters that make absolutely no sense to the plot, etc. What people find in the game to be a bad thing, they certainly have the right to hate those aspects and even the game for it (I know it's okay to do so because there are many games that have everything well done except gameplay and people hate the game due to that). If you don't want to hear about someone complaining, don't read the posts. Sure, curiosity will cause you to read things, but the moment you get the hint that someone will be complaining or hating, just move onto the next post, the next thread, and so on.

I really did hate the game's lack of difficulty as well as the characters and the Surface world. But I'm a different kind of gamer – where I pick things up easily others have trouble learning, where I have trouble learning others pick things up easily. So while I have my opinion and you have yours, we're both capable of sharing them wherever we like..

I like this guy. I liked the characters though.

M

mrbopper96

i dont know why people do this. It looks awesome and cannot wait to get it for the holidays!

Epona

Ordon Village
Honestly I couldn't care less what other games have or don't have. I love Zelda games and Skyward Sword and that's all that matters to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom