• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Just be yourself brah ;^)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Oh snap that face xD

Okay so i was in the ZD shoutbox and it hit me to say just be yourself. But what doee that phrase actually mean? I hear that phrase on 90.1 nPr news, i read it on the internet, and people say it everytime i ask for dating advice. What does it mean

Oh snap that face xD

Okay so i was in the ZD shoutbox and it hit me to say just be yourself. But what doee that phrase actually mean? I hear that phrase on 90.1 nPr news, i read it on the internet, and people say it everytime i ask for dating advice. What does it mean
It means act exactly how you are and don't change yourself to suit the nefarious intentions of sensitive little snowflakes.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Don't do or say something because someone or the situation at hand expects it of you. Do or say what you feel.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Oh snap that face xD

No that's not good dating advice. Umm... I've been waiting a long time to have this talk with you. There's three things you have to know about when trying to get a woman. The first is whatever you think you should do...do the opposite. In many areas of life, instinct will get you there. Not with women.

The second thing is you need is to be sensitive. Women don't just want a man who is big and strong and has abs like mine, women want a man who is in touch with his most inner emotions. They want a thinker, they want a feeler. Someone who can understand them.

And the third thing. The most important of all. It's something women have responded to for thousands of years. You have got to do the pec pop of love.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Don't overthink it. Just do what comes naturally, no matter how stupid it may seem at the time. Don't hold yourself back.

We hate furries because of the crazy ones if you aren't crazy then you are fine in my book
"Crazy" is defined in many ways, young one

And the third thing. The most important of all. It's something women have responded to for thousands of years. You have got to do the pec pop of love.
So that's why I'm still single...

Djinn

and Tonic
What if you have multiple personalities? Can you be all of your selves at the same time?

What if the not yourself outer projection eventually mutates into the real yourself until you are being yourself? And the once "yourself" is just some weird phase you had back when you were weird and moody in middle school?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What if you have multiple personalities? Can you be all of your selves at the same time?

What if the not yourself outer projection eventually mutates into the real yourself until you are being yourself? And the once "yourself" is just some weird phase you had back when you were weird and moody in middle school?
and stuff like this is exactly my problem...at one point i was an uncaring guy, a few years lTer i was quite bombastic, nowadays i am without a social net and mostly keep to myself unless i see something acting up...

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
and stuff like this is exactly my problem...at one point i was an uncaring guy, a few years lTer i was quite bombastic, nowadays i am without a social net and mostly keep to myself unless i see something acting up...
You're still as sweet as...chocolates!!!!

It literally means to be who you are and don't change yourself into something better or perfect. People just have to accept you for you being you with flaws and all included. If they don't accept you, kick them back to the cave they crawled out.

Misty

Ronin
It means be the version of yourself that you are when you're going for a job interview you'd really like to get that includes benefits, a health plan, and free lunch every Thursday.

The version of yourself you would be if you always had two hours to dedicate to your appearance.

The you that you see in the mirror when you've had a particularly good hair day. (Including good hair.)

In other words, if you are anything like the people who end up on a zelda forum, be nothing like yourself.

Or as my mother once put it: be the version of yourself that doesn't include snarkiness, absurdity, neuroticism, deranged interests, a habit of wearing flower headbands like you think giving peace a chance worked, quick comebacks, sarcasm, or cynicism...in other words I should put some lipstick on and try to nod and smile more than talk and smirk.

Reactions: Dio

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom